06 July 2021
Egyptian businesses choosing to invest and export into Africa: A strategic jurisdiction of choice
IQ-EQ is delighted to invite you to a webinar, organised in collaboration with AfricaDev Consulting, for Egyptian corporates and family businesses looking to invest in or export to Africa. The webinar will examine the general business environment in Egypt, the sectors with highest potential and the factors encouraging Egyptian investors and exporters towards Africa.
With Egypt developing at a fast pace, Egyptian entrepreneurs and family groups have their sights set on European jurisdictions to generate external investment. This session will also introduce Mauritius as a holding company location for Egyptian businesses investing into Africa and examine the reasons why investors can consider the Mauritius jurisdiction for the creation of their Corporate and Private Wealth structures.
IQ-EQ’s panelists, along with Egyptian experts, will discuss the Egyptian growing business and investment environment, seek to uncover how Egyptian businesses can develop across the African continent, and efficiently structure their investments.
- Gamal Abou Ali, Chairman of Egyptian Junior Business Association
- Faraz Rojid, Head of Financial Services at Economic Development Board
PART I: Panel discussion
The Egyptian business environment v/s. Africa investment and trading
- Mervat Soltan, CEO at Export Development Bank of Egypt
- Sherif Abdel Aal, Country Head Egypt /Head of Regional M&A at Kamco Investment Company
- Nahla Kamal, Executive Board Member at Nestlé Egypt
PART II: Technical Presentations
Main aspects for Egyptian companies to take into account when seeking to structure their African investments, including a tax comparison between various jurisdictions and a focus on Mauritius legal structures.
- Ahmed Ali, Tax Partner, PWC Egypt
- Shameel Rumjaun, Director Business Development, IQ-EQ
- Feroz Hematally, Head of Tax, IQ-EQ
Webinar moderator: Najwa El Iraki, Managing Partner of AfricaDev Consulting and IQ-EQ Representative in North & West Africa
This webinar is organised in collaboration with AfricaDev Consulting and the Egyptian Junior Business Association.