We are pleased to announce that IQ-EQ is set to host a special private debt webinar later this month, which will see industry experts go head-to-head debating the theme 'Debt is Dead. Long live debt!'
Projections for the debt market have remained positive despite current economic uncertainty. A recent survey conducted by IQ-EQ and IFI Global showed that 95% of managers and investors predict that the market will continue to grow to record heights over the next three years. The asset class is predicted to become an increasingly significant part of investor portfolios and the wider industry will need to adjust to this shift in demand.
Justin Partington, IQ-EQ’s Group Head of Funds, will be exploring this theme in more depth during our webinar, set to take place on Wednesday 28 April at 9am and 3pm BST. He will be asking high-profile speakers Richard Vague, Secretary of Banking and Securities for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Gabriel de Alba, International Investor, a number of key questions including:
- The 2021 Preqin Global Private Debt report highlighted that private debt emerged as a core alternative asset class after the global financial crisis and has again proved its worth in this current economic slowdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Private debt seems to thrive in crisis only. Agree or disagree?
- Private debt is a safe investment haven in a changing environment. Agree or disagree?
- Dominique Mielle, a Forbes contributor, said in an article published on 12 January 2021: "Distressed investing is one of these trends, like shoulder pads, where one must be exacting not only with timing but also interpretation." Is this the right time for debt, and how best to execute a debt strategy?
- The rising tide of regulation on ESG, for example, will ensure transparency in private debt as in other asset classes. For or against?
- Covenant-lite loans are often referred to as the scourge of corporate lending. Agree or disagree?
- Debt is dead. Long live debt! Agree or disagree?
The webinar follows IQ-EQ's recent unveiling of an enhanced Global Private Debt & Credit Desk to support managers and investors with increasingly complex debt strategies. The desk offers clients a dedicated team of expertise across the full debt and credit spectrum, further enabled by an integrated technology platform to allow for significant operational improvements and better client experience. For more information on IQ-EQ’s Global Private Debt & Credit Desk, click here.