28 June 2021
The Asian Perspective- ESG in the spotlight, why the fuss?
ESG is making headlines, one way or another, on a daily basis. Compared to Europe, Asia
has generally experienced relatively low and inconsistent regulatory intervention on ESG issues leading to a misconception that ESG may be of little relevance for managers operating in Asia. However, there are many practical and compelling reasons why Asia-based managers ignore
ESG at their peril.
We will discuss the ways that ESG considerations may impact an Asian-based fund during its life cycle (regardless of fund strategy). We will focus on the practical implications for managers at each stage and how they can prepare themselves to effectively navigate these issues. This webinar will focus on the fundraising process. This session will discuss the basics of ESG and the investor perspective and will explore issues to consider during investor negotiations.
- What is ESG and why is it relevant to Asian managers?
- The investor perspective
- Investor negotiations and fund documentation
- Greenwashing: what is it and how to avoid it
- ESG considerations at the manager-level
- Kai Schneider, Managing Partner, Clifford Chance Singapore
- Steven Okun, Founder & CEO, APAC Advisors Singapore and EMPEA Southeast Asia Senior Advisor and member of EMPEA's Global ESG and SDG Communities
- Marc L. Mezey, Principal Counsel Asia, International Finance Corporation
- Sukanya Lal, Business Development Director, IQ-EQ Singapore
- Morgan Shubin SHUBIN Senior Associate,Clifford Chance Singapore
- Nadan Sehic, Senior Associate,Clifford Chance Singapore
Register here: [email protected]