As part of IQ-EQ’s freshly articulated employee value proposition and ongoing commitment to developing global talent within the business, we’re proud to have launched our Shadow Group Management Team (GMT).
This exciting initiative, directly sponsored by Group CEO Mark Pesco and supported by the wider GMT, provides hands-on executive experience to high-performing employees worldwide.
The Shadow GMT will operate just like the real GMT, considering and debating the highest value strategic issues facing the business, generating new ideas and informing the GMT’s thinking.
Members of the Shadow GMT serve a 12-month term, giving them a substantive and unique opportunity to learn how the GMT operates, develop and own strategic initiatives, make an impact, build their networks, gain first-hand experience of executive-level decision-making, and benefit from direct mentorship from a GMT member.
Meanwhile, the GMT itself benefits from fresh perspectives, diversity of thought and renewed drive to deliver success.
All IQ-EQ employees were invited to nominate themselves to be considered for one of the 13 positions available. All GMT positions were up for grabs except Group CEO. Instead of appointing a Shadow Group CEO, the decision was made for the Shadow GMT to have a rotating Chair, ensuring all members have the opportunity to lead.
Over 130 applications were reviewed by a panel and finalists were interviewed by senior leaders. After a rigorous and highly competitive selection process, we’re delighted to introduce our 2023-2024 cohort:
- Aleesha Mawhinney – Regional CEO, UK, Ireland and Crown Dependencies
- Briony Sun – Regional CEO, Asia
- Clayton Bell – Group Chief Financial Officer
- Declan Tannam – Group Chief Risk Officer
- Gabriella Amado Boix Marti – Regional CEO, Continental Europe
- Jacques Vermeulen – Group Chief Commercial Officer
- Jade Nel – Group Chief People Officer
- James Bluck – Chief of Staff
- Jonny Ball – Group Chief Technology Officer
- Niamh Cheung – Group Head of Fund and Asset Managers
- Rachelle Miller – Group General Counsel
- Robert Toner – Group Chief Operating Officer
- Tierney Mason – Regional CEO, Americas
Our inaugural Shadow GMT met for the first time in October, where they spent three days at an offsite in London. Together, they defined their purpose as “connect, influence and make a difference” and spent time planning 2024 projects with the GMT, taking part in team building exercises, and enjoyed a relaxing (and apparently, competitive!) cooking masterclass.
A big well done to each member for standing out from the crowd and earning their place on the Shadow GMT – we can’t wait to see what you can achieve together!