What does the Senior Data & Analytics BI Developer opportunity look like for you?
You will play a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of operational reports and interactive investor dashboards using Tableau, Power BI and SSRS. You will work closely with senior stakeholders to capture their BI requirements, conduct data analysis using Python (or other open-source languages), and visualise the insights in an impactful manner.
In order to be successful in this role we require the following experience
- Experience of working with structured and unstructured database warehouses (SQL server) and data lakes (Snowflake) both on-prem and in cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) (at least 5+ yrs. on SQL and 2+ yrs. on Snowflake)
- Advance knowledge of Python/Spark packages for data analysis (panda, Numpy, scikit, etc.) as well as data visualisation (matplotlib, plotly, dash, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau or Power BI (at least 3 yrs of demonstrable experience)
- Experience of various java libraries for front end development (i.e. D3, react, node, etc.)
- Knowledge of various ETL/ELT tools like Alteryx, dbt, airflow, SSIS
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Engage with internal stakeholders from operations as well as client services team to understand their reporting and dashboard requirements
- Create a high-level architecture of the BI solution
- Conduct in-depth exploratory data analysis and define business critical features
- Work with database administrators, solutions architect, data engineers and data scientists to collaboratively develop advanced visualization (BI dashboards)
- Retrieve Data from Databases. Optimize SQL server queries to efficiently and quickly retrieve data.
- Ensure updates to tickets and work in progress are well commutated and escalations regarding the support being provided is kept to a minimum
- Design Data Solutions. Develop and create and design best-practice data warehouse solutions that support business reporting tasks. This is achieved using different programs and software, such as Tableau, MS SQL Server and Microsoft Excel.
- Create and Maintain Reporting Processes. Develop and maintain a record of the different reporting processes in place.
- Resolve IT and Data Issues. When database issues arise or support requests come in through the help desk, BI Developers work to resolve these problems. This requires an understanding of legacy solutions and issues.
- Degree level education is preferred but equivalent professional experience in IT is acceptable.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a (senior) developer role or similar DB experience.
- Experience with other visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Looker, SSRS
- Experience with MS Excel including PowerPivot
- Experience of supporting a variety of SQL based applications.
- Hands on experience with SQL 2012 and above
- Experience with T-SQL and the ability to analyse queries for efficiency.
- Experience with MS SQL Server suite, including SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with version control software e.g. Git, Bitbucket
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading investor services group that brings together that rare combination of global expertise and a deep understanding of the needs of clients. We have the know-how and the know you that allows us to provide a comprehensive range of compliance, administration, asset and advisory services to investment funds, global companies, family offices and private clients globally.
IQ-EQ employs a global workforce of 3,000+ people located in 23 jurisdictions and has assets under administration (AUA) exceeding US$500 billion. IQ-EQ works with eight of the top 10 global private equity firms.
This is an exciting time to be part of IQ-EQ, we are growing substantially and currently seeking talented Data individuals to come along for the journey into the Data, Analytics and Reporting Department. You will have the opportunity to utilise IQ-EQ's leading-edge technology stack whilst enjoying our continuous learning and development programme.
< Back to search results