You will be working directly with leading private equity firms in the alternative asset and real estate industries under the guidance and direction from the Tax Director and Managers. Professional staff members will gain valuable experience in tax compliance and advisory engagements with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives.
As an experienced professional, you will be responsible for the following job duties and skills which are focused on our core concepts:
Technical Knowledge/Firm Systems
- Strong knowledge of partnership and corporate taxation to prepare complex federal, state, and local tax returns, extensions, and quarterly estimates.
- Experience in tax and accounting software to maintain detailed tax basis workbooks and file required income tax returns.
- Performs a detailed review of the staff’s work to ensure quality, thoroughness, and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames.
- Conduct tax research as needed to support tax positions to be taken on the tax returns.
- Effectively manages their work and staff to meet performance expectations and client deliverables.
- Develop relationship with client management, and communicate engagement status as well as issues in a timely manner with Managers.
- Identifies opportunities to improve assignment efficiency and accuracy.
People Development & Teamwork
- Coaches staff members by providing frequent positive feedback, and sets an example of accountability and enthusiasm.
- Shares and transfers knowledge within the team through internal training initiatives.
- Actively pursues self-development opportunities.
- Provides excellent client service and builds strong client relationships.
- Identifies and communicates potential sales opportunities from existing client engagements.
- Actively supports new initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of income tax compliance experience in a public accounting environment
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Ability to work closely with managers and clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax deliverable requirements
- Experience preparing and reviewing federal and state income tax returns
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of tax compliance in private equity or real estate sectors
- MS in Accounting or Taxation
- Actively licensed CPA or EA
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Proficiency in GoSystems tax software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: $90,000 - $105,000
- Competitive Base Salary & Bonus
- Hybrid Schedule
- Dress Code: Casual Attire
- Summer Days
- Generous PTO
- Generous Sick Days
- Work Anniversary Recognition Program
- Team Bonding Events
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan 401(k) Match
- Mentorship & Training
- Bonus for Employee Referrals
- Succession Bonus Program (e.g. CPA, CFA, etc.)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
IQEQ is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. IQEQ works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing, and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
< Back to search results