The Manager is responsible for complex accounting deliverables. In this role, the Manager is expected to demonstrate expert US GAAP and IFRS knowledge for FS preparation and review. He / She is also expected to engage with client representatives and peers from other IQEQ offices to ensure a smooth planning, delivery, and high-quality deliverables to clients. He / She is expected to guide / coach the team members to ensure they are up to the requisite technical level.
- Train and coach team members working under his/her supervision.
- Ensure Maintenance of Fund’s books and records in accordance with the Offering Memorandum and other Constitutive Documents.
- Ensure all investor requests (capital accounts, confirmations, etc) are attended for.
- In charge of a portfolio.
- Handle client issues and/or complaints. Escalate high complex ones to Head of Delivery to handle.
- Review and ensure that the work of junior team members delivered on-time to clients.
- Review tax computations
- Quality review of financial statements
- Submission of tax returns via MNS.
- Submission of audited financial statements and surveys.
- Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations and correct use of software, are applied within the team to better service the client.
- Work closely together with the other functions and ensure that all client deadlines and milestones are met as per the plan.
- Ensure a proper allocation of client/task to the team members.
- Ensure that team members follows all internal procedures and policies of the
- Monitoring of budgets, identifying revenue opportunities and monitoring of WIP.
- Participate and provide input to the performance review and development plan of team members whom he/she has worked with, trained or coached.
- Ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU.
- Lead audit process
- Train and coach team members working under his / her supervision
- Show commercial awareness in his / her revenue target
- Review capital call workings, distribution workings, management fees and distribution waterfall.
- Owner of entities on accounting software.
Key competencies for position and level
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
- Develops talent
- Directs work
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building
- Taking ownership
- On-time delivery
- # Compliance or internal audit deficiencies of client dossiers assigned
- # Complaints from clients on files reviewed (quality)
- % Personal chargeability
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree holder and/or related Professional qualification
- Minimum 8 years of operational experience in either fund or corporate accounting services
- Experience in complex accounting
- Expert knowledge on preparation and review of financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS
- Sound knowledge of PFS Paxus
- Understanding of accounting standards in respect of investments and revenue recognition
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of Mauritian taxation including tax computation and statutory filings
- Sound knowledge of preparation and review of regulatory surveys
- Demonstrate flexibility to work US hours as and when required
- Sound knowledge of PFS Paxus
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results