As a result of continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Architect to join our global team, to provide project specific architectural and comprehensive technology designs, solutions and implementation plans for key programs.
The IT Infrastructure Architect is responsible for reviewing and evaluating, costing, and developing optimized infrastructure designs based on rigorous understanding of returned benefits and ROI/TCO.
You will need to have experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise tasks that contribute to the delivery of project workstreams, BAU activities, and response to incidents.
You will have the ability to work together with colleagues based all over the globe both within the Global Technology teams including Regional IT, Enterprise Technology, Application Services, and Information Security.
You will be tenacious and passionate, with the ability to take ownership of tasks whilst managing your time effectively, and prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
You will maintain excellent attention to detail and have a logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues that affect client delivery.
The role requires you to have the ability to communicate clearly and with impact in a fast-paced and high pressure situations including the ability to challenge and influence the view of senior stakeholders respectfully, confidently, and effectively to bring a new perspective.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Provide project specific architectural and comprehensive technology designs, solutions and implementation plans for key programmes
- Review and evaluate, cost and develop optimized infrastructure designs based on rigorous understanding of returned benefits and ROI/TCO
- Aid the simplification of our complex on premise IT infrastructure estate
- Evaluate entire projects from a technical stance, ensuring that the methods and technologies used are practical and fit for purpose
- Validate and challenge the detailed technical infrastructure architectures provided by the technology partners, fellow team members and vendors in support of a project or technical solution
- Evaluate the current technical infrastructure tools and solutions, making recommendations for improvement, capability uplift or risk mitigation.
- Work with partners and team members to enable transition of workloads from on premise data centre’s to Cloud environments
- Assist in transition of the developed solution to implementation with partnership from Service Operations
- Act as final path of escalation within their area of expertise for any architecture under their development or control
- Investigate the viability of upcoming and emerging technologies to improve the infrastructure's stability, longevity, and adaptability
- Develop a technical architecture based on any R&D or existing knowledge that are dependable, scalable, and fit for purpose and can be transitioned to implementation
- Assure any developed architectures fit appropriately within the overarching IQ-EQ IT Vision and Strategy across all regions
- Participate in architecture governance forums, architecture reviews and/or audits
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in Enterprise Technology, Service Management, Security, Technology Partners and project teams in Technology to provide infrastructure solution designs and supporting guidance
- Be the on-point contact for all queries relating to the Infrastructure solution design
- Highlight infrastructure project risks and work with internal teams and partners to mitigate
- Provide technical authority and governance across IQ-EQ
- Present at all levels (inc C-Level and to Segment Leads) to win over key stakeholders in respect of solutions/change required
- Clearly report progress against plans and escalate as needed
Key competencies for position and level
In addition to demonstrating our Global Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Communicates effectively
- Manages complexity
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Tech savvy
- Instils trust
- Drives vision and purpose
- Optimizes work processes
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree level education is preferred but equivalent professional experience in IT is acceptable
- Experience across application delivery
- Experience of working with hybrid cloud infrastructure environments and preferably knowledge on complex distributed data centre architectures and virtualization of networks
- Practical knowledge of key technology infrastructures, AD, network, VPNs, monitoring solutions and security components
- Experience in Citrix deployments and optimal configuration
- Able to present and communicate solutions clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams, including external customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
Company, product, and market knowledge
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-country professional services, financial services or BPO organization with complex processing requirements preferred but not essential
- Multi-country experience and demonstrates an ability to work in a multi-cultural, talented, and demanding team environment
- Possess the skills and the personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex global business with an in-depth knowledge of program management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with staff members, customers, suppliers, and the management team with the ability to make decisions, act and get results
- Passion, dynamism, and drive
- Robust sense of humour
- Personal presence, integrity, and credibility
- Ability to solve problems either independently or by utilising other members of the team where necessary
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results