We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join our global team. This role will play a major part in the delivery of our Group Data Strategy and Data Transformation Journey by delivering, enhancing, and maintaining our IQEQ Data Platform which will drive how our data is managed and used to deliver outcomes in a host of key areas to maximise business value and growth delivering improvements for internal and external stakeholders and clients.
This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives to navigate and leverage our significant data assets to build the optimal production models. You will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects and you must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
- document source-to-target mappings
- re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- write ETL (extract, transform, load) scripts and code to ensure the ETL process performs optimally
- develop business intelligence reports that can be reused
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Communicates Effectively – Adjusting communication style to fit the audience & message. Providing timely information to help others across the organisation. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Action Orientated – Readily taking action on challenges without unnecessary planning and identifies new opportunities, taking ownership of them
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relating comfortably with people across all levels, functions, cultures & geographies. Builds rapport in an open, friendly & accepting way
- An analytical mind, excellent problem-solving & diagnostic skills, attention to detail
Education / professional qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another related field
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Background in Financial Industry preferred.
Background & Technical experience
- Proficiency in Linux fundamentals and Bash scripting skills.
- Programming expertise in one or more languages, mainly: Python, Go, Scala, C++, Kotlin
- Expertise on Python libraries - Pandas, Numpy, PySpark, Dask.
- In-Depth Knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Deep understand of database systems e.g., PgSQL/MySQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Experience with at least one cloud platforms e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with one or more Datalakes/Datawarehouses - Snowflake / DataBricks / Redshift etc
- Experience in Stream processing - Kafka, Kineses etc
- Experienced in the implementation of Data warehousing solutions
- Experienced in the implementation of API solutions and tooling
Other company, product, and market knowledge
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-country professional services, financial services or BPO organisation with complex processing requirements
- Multi-country experience and demonstrates an ability to work in a multi-cultural, talented, and demanding team environment.
- Possess the skills and the personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex global business with an in-depth knowledge of program management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with staff members, customers, suppliers, and the management team with the ability to make decisions, act and get results
- Passion, dynamism, and drive
- Personal presence, integrity, and credibility
- Ability to solve problems either independently or by utilising other members of the team where necessary
- Experience of leading and mentoring teams.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information, and to draw conclusions.
- Experience/Exposure to ISO 27001 Infosec compliances
- Fully proficient spoken and written English, additional European languages will be an asset
At IQ EQ Group we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results