Client Service Directors are our most senior people within the Operations Department who are the guardians of the work we do for our clients and are responsible for the overall performance management of their team. They are also responsible for the organic growth of their respective client portfolio.
They will keep an overview on complex client files from a legal, financial, tax and compliance perspective. Our Client Service Directors are responsible for the management and training of the staff in their teams in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to. At the same time, they ensure that what we deliver to our clients meets our exceptional quality standards.
They are responsible for the quality of the work, on-time in full (OTIF) delivery and compliance and will have full Profit & Loss responsibility for the team. They will promote a positive work culture that promotes empowerment and entrepreneurialism.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- The Client Service Director has the full responsibility for the Client Service Managers, Reviewers and all other staff in the team both for quality, client contact and process compliance. In addition, they are responsible for task assignment and planning of staff. They ensure that client expectations are met and identify additional value added services and revenue opportunities.
- Oversee the smooth running of, and efficiency of the team to minimize costs and arrange for on-time in full delivery of services to clients. Ensures that change requests from clients will be handled separately and thoroughly. Non-billable time, write-offs and credit notes are scrutinised and highly visible. The Client Service Director approves the invoices and to a certain extent credit notes. He/she has the final responsible for cash collection.
- Performance management and people development to meet their career goals and the IQ-EQ organization goals. Arrange regular check-ins (Everyday Conversations) with individual direct reports to talk about the staff performance, development or career.
- Reduce absenteeism, prevent staff turnover to assure continuity and actively engage in recruitment.
- Ensure that the team works effectively with other teams in the Operations Department and the Commercial Department. Promote empowerment and entrepreneurialism of each staff member.
- Client Service Directors are expected to take on key account management for a limited number of clients, thus generating as much as possible value for the firm. They will work closely and communicate intensely, yet efficiently, with key account clients on the service level and matters related to the role of keeping an overview of the client dossier. The majority of the client ownership will be divided between the Client Service Managers in the team.
- Build a strong collaboration with other business segment Client Service Director to ensure products and services are delivered with high industry standards and achieving client expectations.
- Ensure that day-to-day operations has a satisfactory audited rating at high industry standards.
- Compliance, risk policies and protocols are adhered to for all client work and deficiencies are repaired and/or escalated immediately.
- Ensure that methodologies and standards as set by the Principals in the Expert Pool are applied and rolled out within the team as well as compliance with IQ-EQ’s compliance manual, compliance departments, and the local regulatory framework.
- KPI’s include: Compliance or internal audit deficiencies of client files assigned. Positive feedback from clients. # transfers out of client groups. Revenue and profitability. Collection. Regular ‘Everyday Conversations’ including actions where necessary. Attrition rate.
- Holds a university degree.
- Seasoned senior leader. Excellent working knowledge of the local legislative and regulatory framework. Business acumen.
- Knowledge of investor services and outsourcing sector beneficial. Management of Client relationships and experience with resolving issues directly with Clients strong desirable.
- Comprehensive people leadership experience.
- English, Dutch is preferred.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results