Every day brings a new challenge so you’ll need to be a team player at heart, with an eye for detail and great organisational skills so you can prioritise your day to ensure deadlines are met and timelines are adhered to.
Your primary responsibility will be to act as a day-to-day front office contact for your designated private equity, real estate, credit, or debt fund clients. You will be a part of a supportive team, own your tasks and proactively manage your deliverables and resolve any issues that may arise.
Day to day
- Using your accounting knowledge, you will review quarterly and annual working papers, financial statements, investor reports, and call and distribution notices, to ensure the movement of funds and transactions are treated in accordance with legal documentation and relevant accountancy framework.
- You will also assist in other ad hoc tasks to support fund managers and other client representatives in their activities. With your analytical mind you will interpret data, providing concise explanations on trends and variances and know how to resolve problems and issues that may arise.
- You will work closely with your line manager and the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds’ reporting requirements, e.g. IFRS or a local GAAP.
- You will typically deal with business as usual activities of a fund, but to spice up your day you will occasionally be involved in complex accountancy matters such as: equalisations, rebalances, bank interest swaps, hedging, loans etc. You will also be responsible for the annual audit process management, holding technical discussions with auditors when necessary.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must have for this role to build effective relationships across the business. You will also need to build strong customer relationships with existing and new clients gaining insight into their needs and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Together we find solutions and make things happen but to do this we want you to contribute; looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient and effective way.
- Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future together.
- This role will suit a strong accountancy professional who is willing to expand their knowledge, widen skill range and gain an insight into the world of private equity.
- ACCA/ ACA/CIMA qualified (or Qualified by Experience)
- Relevant experience working in a professional office environment, ideally working in financial services or accounting practice preferably working on multiple client relationships. Candidates with experience working in multijurisdictional organisations who are involved in managing different stakeholders will also be considered.
- Strong experience in preparing and potentially reviewing of working paper files and Financial Statements including disclosures
- Regulatory Reporting experience (UK GAAP/ US GAAP/ IFRS)
- Management of Client relationships and experience with resolving issues directly with Clients or other stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills with a proactive attitude
- Intermediate Excel skills.
At IQ EQ Group we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ EQ is part of a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
This role can be 100% Remote for UK based candidates.
< Back to search results