The Associate – Fund Accounting is an entry-level role. The role holder will be responsible for the entire Accounting process and all related activities will be proficient at all aspects of Fund accounting.
He/she will communicate directly with clients on routine operational matters ensuring that all contact enhances the level of service provided. All work delivered need to be accurate, well-presented and meet quality standards.
- Performing daily bookkeeping tasks on accounting software.
- Maintain booksand records of all the entities in a Fund’s structure in accordance with the Offering Memorandum and other Constitutive Documents.
- Attending to investor requests (capital accounts, confirmations, etc).
- Preparation of capital calls/ distribution workings.
- Track the receivables and payables, responsible for accruals and booking of expenses and calculation of fees.
- Prepare reconciliations and resolve breaks. Perform Profit and Loss reconciliation.
- Assist in preparation of accounting activities (Periodic Accounts, Preparation of accounting files, Prepare data for Tax computations).
- Carry out Transfer instructions.
- Assist in attending client queries.
- Attend other ad-hoc request from clients or allocated by seniors .
- Payroll processing.
- Prepare Financial Statement, Perform casting, cross-casting and spelling checks.
- Perform other accounting related routine tasks.
- Update planning information on Billy.
- Flag client issues on timely basis .
- Ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU.
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree holder or partly qualified CA or ACCA
- 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Experienced in basic accounting
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IndAs, IFRS and relevant GAAPS) would be preferred
Computer / program knowledge
- Competent at the basic level of MS Office Word and Excel
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results