The Associate Director Business Development actively promotes and positions IQ-EQ Group’s brand in view of developing and growing new sustainable business to enhance the group’s revenue and profitability. The Associate Director Business Development will principally promote IQ-EQ Mauritius’ (the ‘Company’) offerings, including but not limited to trusts, foundations, family office, employee benefit trusts, pension schemes, etc. and enhance visibility of IQ-EQ in targeted markets, to capture new business opportunities.
- Position the Group (principally the Company) as a service provider of choice whilst maintaining and developing introducer relationships in view of generating new business opportunities and revenue
- Assist the Business Unit with timely billing of clients as part of on-boarding process
- Contribute towards revenue growth of the Business Unit (‘BU’) and in meeting the sales target of the BU
- Be actively involved in achieving the Company’s financial targets and generate incremental new business
- Provide support in developing and reviewing the BU’s strategy
- Contribute in devising new strategies and tactics to grow the business
- Ensure effective business trips’ planning and timely provision of feedback report post business trips
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop specific collaterals, presentation and publications to support business development initiatives
- Ensure sector awareness and market intelligence to support new product development & promotion (including publishing thought leadership and attending/speaking at industry conferences and seminars)
- Manage the financial and contractual relationship with the client. Primary responsible for cash collection. Reviews/negotiates agreements if and when needed.
- Maintain and expand existing client portfolio revenues in size and quality (profit and loyalty)
- Prepare client offers and proposals
- Work with the team to analyse client / account performance to improve the relationship and profitability (account profitability, scope, revenue trends, competitive analysis, perceived quality and account mapping)
- Verify invoices to clients before they are submitted
- Build up a pipeline of market targets
- Ensure consistent application of policy & process in line with Group requirements
- Conduct market research, client and competitor analysis to identify new Private Wealth business opportunities
- Prepare / assist in preparing RFPs, technical and financial proposals for clients as well as presentations, marketing materials and any other relevant collateral required.
- Identify and coordinate the Company’s participation in key events in view of building project pipeline
- Ensure that the Company brand and reputation is maintained to the highest standards and also ensure that sales and revenue generation practices are consistent with the high standards of client service for which company is known.
- Develop and build relationship with a network of introducers both locally and overseas in order to increase new business opportunities and revenue.
- Provide support in implementing new sales and business development initiatives in view of identifying new opportunities and seek referrals from clients. Responsibilities include execution of sales strategies, closing of sales propositions and meeting sales targets.
- Identify target markets/ clients and complete detailed planning to win new business
- Manage seamless handover to Client Directors and Business Implementation teams to on-board new clients
- Manage introducer relationships via proactive & coordinated planning
- Identify clients’ needs and product gaps in the business segment and liaise with product specialist in order to develop appropriate solutions
- Understand clients’ needs in such a way that IQ-EQ can align its service offering
- Represent IQ-EQ externally and expand brand awareness with existing relationships
- Act as first point of contact for the client for complex issues, complaints
- Lead, or participate in, multi department, multi jurisdiction and multi-functional account teams to win/expand large account
- Work in close collaboration with Ops team to ensure the highest levels of client service
- Ensure effective cooperation / liaison with key stakeholders across the Company and the Group
- Be constantly abreast of latest sector / market development as well as regulatory changes and transfer the knowledge to colleagues.
- Ensure adherence to relevant policy, licenses, regulation & legislation, including cross-border business solicitation awareness & requirements
- Ensure protection of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU: ( IQ EQ Trustees ( Mauritius) Ltd, IQ EQ Fund Services ( Mauritius ) Ltd, IQ EQ Corporate Services ( Mauritius) Ltd) and IQ EQ Investment Advisors ( Mauritius ) Ltd.)
Education / professional qualifications
- Minimum a Degree and preferably a Master in relevant field (financial services, business, economics, accounting). To have relevant jurisdiction / regulatory understanding and professional qualifications to competently carry out the role. Being a STEP member will be an advantage
- Minimum 6 years relevant working experience in relevant field. Proven experience in business development
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results