As a result of continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT professional to lead our Development and Integration team.
The Head of Development and Integration will be responsible for managing a team of developers, guiding the development and implementation of software systems, and ensuring seamless integration of new technologies and processes.
Relationship building with stakeholders across business and IT department will be essential, as will understanding pain points and devising solutions, ultimately leading to a deep technical knowledge of the platforms used and input into development roadmap and driving best practices.
You will have the ability to work together with colleagues based all over the globe both within various technology teams: Infrastructure, Workplace support, Application services, Global Service Desk, Regional IT and Information Security.
You will maintain excellent attention to detail and have a logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues that affect client delivery.
The role requires you to have the ability to communicate clearly and with impact in a fast-paced and high pressure situations including the ability to challenge and influence the view of senior stakeholders respectfully, confidently, and effectively to bring a new perspective.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Drive process evolution and ensure adherence to established practices within the function.
- Oversee the entire software development life cycle, from conceptualization to deployment
- Manage and mentor a team of software developers, ensuring high-quality code delivery
- Collaborate with other departments to identify business needs and provide technical solutions
- Identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Ensure the integration of new systems and technologies with existing systems and processes
- Plan and manage budgets, schedules, and resources for development and integration projects
- Communicate project progress and status to stakeholders and senior management
- Seek improvements and efficiencies for business requirements