Are you a qualified accountant with an eye for detail?
We're hiring a Technical Accountant to join our independent team of experts, providing technical and regulatory advice to global client services (CS) teams, sales and implementation teams, and global clients.
As a key component of our technical team, you will be at the forefront of the private equity and real estate fund industry, researching developments to be shared with stakeholders across the business. You will have a 'can do', collaborative attitude and enjoy finding solutions to complex problems.
Day to day
- Resolve technical accounting queries raised by CS teams and clients in a timely manner; queries take many forms such as bookkeeping, problem solving for partnership accounting, financial statement disclosures under various GAAPs (UK, IFRS, US, Lux and others)
- Effectively communicate and present technical accounting information to CS teams and provide the company’s view on technical accounting issues to senior client staff and auditors
- Support the CS team members in suggesting practical approaches to resolve accounting, systems and reporting issues
- Maintain in-house library of technical journals, articles and documentation relating to accounting issues
- Develop awareness of relevant changes to industry practices affecting PE and property fund operations (accounting, regulatory)
- Assist in the development and delivery of technical training presentations and other workshops or learning sessions
- Identify areas in which the CS teams require additional support, either for specific clients or on a broader basis, and suggest appropriate remedial action (controls, tools).