The Managing Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (“MD of FP&A”) will assist the CFO to direct and oversee the financial planning and analysis of the Region. The MD of FP&A is responsible for developing, maintaining, and overseeing execution of various finance- related processes for the Americas. The MD of FP&A works with the CFO to implement consistent processes and to create insightful reporting and create forecasts predicting future growth.
Oversees budget process, rolling forecasts, revenue analysis, and various project-based finance initiatives and staff
Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make improvements to enhance reporting
- Forecasting and Budgeting – Review and recommend improvements to the existing forecasting and budgeting process. Evaluate the effectiveness of the process and prepare a cost/benefit analysis. Implement approved changes, monitor execution, and provide reporting.
- Technology – Leverage existing technology or make recommendations for enhanced technology, to provide more robust analysis, and to automate manual tasks. Ensure that the team understands the capabilities and become experts.
- Study economic trends and their impact on projections
- Analysis of monthly trading performance against budgets and forecasting including bridging and explanation of significant variances
- Financial modelling for initiatives, resource requirements
- Supporting ad hoc group financial requests
- Ensure revenues are maximized through appropriate revenue capture, implementation of inflationary increases and optimal pricing
- Support the development of business cases for new products or expansion to new markets including cost/benefit/returns
- Analyze commercial initiatives and track performance
- Provide insight and strategic recommendations to the CFO based on financial trends
- Supporting offshoring initiative through appropriate modelling
- Integration of acquisitions into forecast models
- Systems and process improvements to streamline forecasting and improve understanding
Key competencies for position and level:
- Financial Acumen -interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Balancing stakeholders - balancing the needs of all stakeholders for a mutually agreed outcome
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Complexity - making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems