Our new colleague will join a three-person team lead by the senior manager invoicing. The team takes care of all invoicing matters from a to z. After the required training our new team member will be able to translate contracts into the invoicing system and ensure our clients receive an accurate and timely invoice.
Our new colleague will will liaise with senior staff members such as client relationship directors resolving billing issues, invoice approvals, follow up on pending items and act as a point of contact for any invoicing matters.
The Controller's responsibilities include liaising with senior stakeholders (such as client relationship directors) and coordinating with other departments ensuring all services are timely and accurately billed, setting clients up for billing, issuing invoices and credit notes, assessing the accuracy of revenue accruals.
To be successful as a Revenue Controller you should be able to work independently and efficiently under pressure. You should also be comfortable working with little supervision to meet tight deadlines. Ultimately, an outstanding analyst should be able to ensure smooth and accurate billing operations and revenue accruals.
On a day to day basis, our new colleague will complete:
- setting-up of services, invoices and credit notes generation, …;
- Monitoring of specific invoicing processes;
- Checking and updating client information based on information received from Business Unit
- Creating ad-hoc analysis, models and reports using the Data Warehouse;
- Assisting Senior manager invoicing during monthly closing (work in progress, additional provision, follow up overruns, …);
- Contributing to the optimization of processes;
- Assisting for testing any updates that involves billing