The AP will review the work of their subordinates (which includes but not limited to; files review, due diligence in terms of client on boarding, FATCA/CRS, designing of the KYC Framework and other compliance requirement to clients based in multi jurisdictions) and ensure protections of information assets of IQ EQ Shared Services Ltd and abide by the ISMS in place.
The role holder is most senior member who deal with day-to-day complex compliance issues and demands. You will be the subject matter expert in certain areas of their domain. For areas that do not yet fully qualify as subject matter expert, they refer to the Principal and/or immediate direct report of the team they work in.
You will be working closely with the Principal or the immediate reporting line who will set training and development goals for all staff and you will have to ensure delivery those through on the job training and coaching.
You will have to train and coach staffs in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to.
The Head of Delivery or Operations Director will set the training and development goals for all staffs and you will have to ensure delivery of training and on the job training to the relevant staffs to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to.
You may communicate directly with clusters on compliance matters if there are any sensitive compliance issue, ensuring a service excellence at all times and will be able to resolve issues that have no immediate impact on the Group clusters’ client relationship.
You will take ownership of full and detailed review of all tasks, which includes but not limited to, file review, due diligence for client on boarding, FATCA/CRS, designing of the KYC Framework and other compliance requirement to clients based in multi jurisdictions. All tasks delivered will be accurate, well-presented, meet quality standards, on time and in full.
You will have to work closely with the Principal or the immediate direct report having varying areas of expertise in order to provide the best possible solutions to our clusters’ clients and ensure our people receive the training that best covers their needs. You will also be actively involved as a support to the Principal or immediate direct report for management reporting.
- Oversee and manage the day-to- day activities of the Compliance team.
- Client operational relationship
- Core operational process
- GoTo person for client operational matters
- In depth client knowledge
- Training and coaching of staffs on the job to further develop their skills by reviewing their work and giving feedback for learning. The role holder also supports and provides input to the appraisal of staffs. Reviews include the following:
- KYC review on entities based in multi jurisdiction
- Liaising with business department with regards to KYC requirements for client on boarding
- Providing report with gap analysis and propose remedial actions for validation
- Verification of adequacy of documents required from KYC perspective for a client to maintain accounts
- Analysing account opening documents with a view to identify any inconsistencies for new clients
- FATCA and CRS compliance (including verification of self-certification forms, compiling, assessing and validating information and reporting to relevant authorities) for client based in multi jurisdiction
- Consolidation and reporting of stats on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that work delivered for clients is compliant with IQEQ’s compliance manuals, and the regulatory framework of the relevant jurisdictions.
- Ensure all work prepared for Group clusters is accurate and error free and always meets quality standards
- Maintain the up to date status of all work in the planning system, raising issues with the reporting line when work cannot be executed as planned and highlighting where changes may be needed in planning assumptions
- Prepare training material and deliver training to relevant stakeholders, as well as presentations to potential clients.
- Collaborate with Management to develop action plans that aim at increasing compliance adherence.
- To provide support in identifying, analysing and disseminating the latest global regulatory information.
- Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied;
- Use knowledge and experience to decide when to escalate an issue, using every situation as an opportunity to learn;
- Develop team strengths and improve weaknesses. Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals;
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance;
- Identify training needs, develop training plan and provide coaching;
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture;
- Perform any ad-hoc functions relating to compliance work in case of service disruption;
- Use professional judgment to assess when to escalate an issue promptly;
- Demonstrate ownership of his/her own development, highlighting when and where additional support and development is required;
- To do any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate for the role and business needs; and
- To ensure protections of information assets of IQEQ Shared Services Ltd and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQEQ Shared Services Ltd.