Our firm has excellent opportunities for qualified Staff Accountant candidates who are motivated to learn the exciting world of private equity and hedge funds. Professional staff members will gain valuable experience in accounting, tax, and advisory engagements.
- Preparation of adjusting journal entries and detailed workpapers for private equity/hedge funds, their investment vehicles, and the wide range of companies they invest into
- Prepare quarterly financial statement and footnote disclosures
- Prepare income and expense allocations to partners
- Preparation of complex partnership and corporation income tax returns for funds and their investment vehicles
- Prepare projections, forecasts, and budgets, as well as variance analysis
- Correspond with clients on various matters
- Research complex tax and accounting issues and develop clear and concise conclusions
- Prepare projections of federal/state tax liabilities and current and deferred tax provisions, including reconciling GAAP and Tax basis items
- Use problem solving skills to analyze complex financial transactions to identify tax treatment
- Perform tax compliance for partnerships and corporations
- Perform quarterly testing for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), which involves consolidating trial balance for multiple subsidiaries, intercompany eliminations, equity rollforwards, and reconciliations of investments and equity.
- Review income and expenses of REIT’s property investments and assess the nature of income and expenses for testing purposes