The candidate will be primarily responsible for reviewing the accounting of our hedge fund and private equity clients, including review of shadow books and reconciling to the fund administrator’s monthly reporting package, and overseeing the preparation of quarterly and year end financial statement workpapers. The candidate will be trained and given the opportunity to develop subject matter expertise in sophisticated hedge fund and private equity financial reporting and operational matters.
- Review “shadow” books and reconcile to fund administrator’s monthly reporting package.
- Oversee investor allocations and distribution analysis.
- Review the management fees and waterfall calculations in accordance with the funds’ governing documents.
- Oversee and manage staff on day-to-day accounting and fund administration matters.
- Review and understand the client’s fund structure, investment strategy, governing documents, customized investor reporting, and operational matters.
- Carry-out detailed review of the team’s work to ensure quality, thoroughness, and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames.
- Prepare ad hoc client and investor reporting and analysis.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Coordinate the annual audit and act any primary point of contact.
- Support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports.
- Participate in new client implementations; become accounting team lead once clients are onboarded.
- Develop and nurture strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.