The fourth webinar in IQ-EQ’s unique CFO e-Lab masterclass series, held on 23 February 2021, sought to explain the impact that the EU Taxonomy and Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) will have on asset managers.
As moderator, I was honoured to be joined by two prestigious speakers:
- Catherine Martougin, Partner in the Funds & Asset Management team of Baker McKenzie Luxembourg, who has more than 20 years' experience in business law
- Michael Maldener, Managing Director and Conducting Officer for Nordea Investment Funds SA, the Luxembourg ManCo of Nordea Asset Management (NAM).
First to present was Catherine, who expertly discussed the legal and technical aspects of the new Taxonomy and SFDR regulations. Catherine then handed over to Michael, who gave us valuable insights from a business perspective, including a view of how the business landscape will change following implementation of these new regulations.
Our audience did not disappoint and provided us with a series of questions, which were answered by both Catherine and Michael during a live Q&A session.
If you missed it, do not worry! We’re now pleased to share a video recording of the full session filmed at our new bespoke studio:
You can also listen to the audio via the IQ-EQ Podcast, available on our website as well as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.
Are you ready for SFDR?
Download our new SFDR factsheet to understand how SFDR will impact you and how IQ-EQ can assist.
More from IQ-EQ’s CFO e-Labs
IQ-EQ’s CFO e-Labs series is a specially designed programme of interactive ‘masterclass’ webinars based on the evolving needs of the private fund CFO. Click here to find out more about the series, and catch up on our previous CFO e-Labs below:
- Masterclass #1: Opportunities presented by the Singapore VCC
- Masterclass #2: Is the back office function moving forward?
- Masterclass #3: ATAD 2 / BEPS and its impact on Luxembourg-based private equity funds