09 September 2021
Sustainability & ESG Business Summit 2021
The Sustainability & ESG Business Summit 2021, organised by the British Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai, gathers together British and Chinese business leaders, policymakers and thought leaders to discuss the latest trends and the future of sustainable best practices in China and around the world.
As we draw ever closer to the critical juncture in the battle against climate change, and while COVID-19 continues to pose challenges to economies around the world, this year’s Sustainability Summit will explore how business, government and society can build back greener after the pandemic.
The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow in November 2021. The Summit will include a keynote message from a UK government representative who will share how the UK has joined forces with companies, non-for-profit organisations and individuals on the frontline of climate change to inspire action ahead of COP26.
For China’s part, the 14th Five Year Plan states a clear direction for the world’s second-largest economy with a focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues. Against this backdrop and its potential impact on enterprises’ future operations in China, one of the main topics at the Summit will be maintaining a sustainable business,alongside advice on managing sustainability risks and exploring ESG-related investment in China.
The Summit will be an opportunity to exchange ideas and gain new knowledge from leaders in various fields of sustainability.
Key topics & agenda
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- UK and China’s approaches to sustainable development
- How to create and maintain a sustainable business?
- From risk to opportunities
- Net Zero Carbon and the Circular Economy in China
- From Responsible Supply Chain to ESG
- Enabling ESG investment through common principles and alignment
- Industry case study: The impact of fashion has on the environment and what fashion businesses are doing to tackle those issues
- Chamber Pledge
IQ-EQ’s Goldie Ko will be a panelist in the session ‘Enabling ESG investment through common principles and alignment’, where discussion includes:
- What investors are looking for?
- What do I need to invest in to satisfy my clients?
- As an SME, where do I begin? Strategies and Case Studies?