Why work at IQ-EQ?
We power people and possibilities
Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
As a Senior Risk Officer, you work in autonomy with the clients and funds that have been allocated to you and you supervise the deliveries of Junior Risk Officers and Risk Officers. That means:
- You master the risk management framework: policies, procedures obligations of the risk management function;
- You know when and how any potential breaches, conflicts, complains shall be escalated to your line manager.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
Implement, maintain and improve the policies and procedures pertaining to the risk
management function, covering all types of risks the managed funds are exposed to;
Define, implement and maintain the risk profile for each managed funds in line with the risk management policies and procedures;
Ensure prompt reporting to any relevant parties of actual or potential breaches of risk limits identified and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken;
Ensure on a timely basis the proper key risk metrics calculation and regulatory reporting (such as Annex IV) and regularly assess the adequacy for those risks indicators;
Produce and present the risk analysis and reporting to your team, or any other instances should it be required such as risk committees, investment advisors and governing bodies (i.e. board of directors, senior management, etc);
Support and give advices to our clients and delegated investment managers for matters related to risk management and regulations applicable to Luxembourg investment funds;
Ensure the risk review of illiquid investments is implemented prior to the transaction;
Assist the onboarding team in assessing the risks of new contemplated products and projects, ensuring business growth is in line with the risk appetite;
Actively contribute to analyzing impacts of new regulations on the risk management activities for funds and for the company.
Review, challenge, and ensure consistency of the assets’ valuation of the managed funds with the internal valuation policy and prepare the valuation committee accordingly.
• Master/Bachelor in Finance or an equivalent degree
• 3-4 years professional experience in a Risk Management related function
• Profound knowledge in Annex IV Reporting will be considered as a plus
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Good communication skills
• Writing and analytical skills
• Sound understanding of the Luxembourg fund industry, the UCITS and AIFs regulations
• Strong understanding of Private Equity / Real Estate asset classes
• Strong understanding of various illiquid investment strategies
• Good knowledge of an IT language considered as an asset (VBA, SQL, Pyton, …)
• Fluent in English; additional language would be considered an asset
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.