To work within the Depositary team, carrying out asset verification, cash monitoring and compliance oversight for investment funds investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, forestry and other asset classes.
Direct responsibility for administering and managing a portfolio of Depositary clients whilst providing oversight and support to Depositary Analysts, including, but not limited to, asset verification (primarily ensuring that each Client Fund or Fund entity has supplied sufficient information to prove good legal title over the assets it owns), cash monitoring (primarily ensuring all cash transactions are consistent with the Funds operations, and cash balances are reconciled) and compliance oversight (primarily ensuring the Client is complying with all relevant aspects of the AIFMD), understanding the AIFMD legislation and managing and building relationships with clients and other key business areas).
Ensuring, by direct undertaking and by review of Depositary Analyst’s work:
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity have supplied sufficient documentary evidence to prove effective legal title over the assets they claim to own;
- In depth understanding of risk factors across each asset class and/or the location of assets;
- In depth understanding of the legal frameworks under which assets are held;
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity cash flows are in consistent with its operations and cash balances reconciled
- Ongoing Client compliance with the AIFMD
- Acting as the escalation point for the Depositary Analyst for more complex areas
- Setting day to day priorities for yourself and the Depositary analyst to ensure internal deadlines are met
- Managing the AIFMD reporting process, including liaising with the client and internal service centres to ensure deadlines are met
- You take responsibility for the duties delegated to you and to ensure that any concerns or potential risks are mitigated and where appropriate escalated to the Depositary Manager;
- To take the initiative and to suggest new procedures to assist the team, efficiently and effectively, going forward;
Key competencies for position and level
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment with regular strict deadlines;
- Commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Ability and willingness to develop others
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle competing priorities and adapt quickly to changes;
- Ability to manage conflicts and schedule work to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to collect and co-ordinate client information, manage client information and ensure it is up to date;
- Adaptable, flexible and happy to undertake continued professional development to meet the changing demands of the role.
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Forming effective working relationships both internally and externally with colleagues, clients and other key business areas;
- Communicating effectively with others, demonstrating clarity, integrity and enthusiasm
- Understanding what your responsibilities are and how these contribute to the priorities of your team;
- Taking responsibility for delivering timely and quality work product.
- Experience working in a finance-based role within a dynamic and pro-active financial services environment
- Desirable: Working knowledge of the AIFMD
- Desirable: Experience working within a Depositary function
- Desirable: Qualified or part-qualified Accountant
- Experience working with Collective Investments Schemes, ideally including Private Equity
- Comfortable reading and interpreting fund and legal documents
- Strong understanding of the cash reconciliation process
- Strong understanding of what constitutes a strong control environment and the importance of compliance
- Adaptable and flexible with regard to activities undertaken
- Calm and practical under pressure
- Can take the initiative and put forward ideas and suggestions
- Meticulous and detail conscious
- Self-starter and comfortable working with a minimum of direct supervision
- Willingness to travel if necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
At IQ EQ Group we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is part of a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results