The Principal – Corporate Administration is the most senior member who deals with day-to-day complex accounting issues and demands. He/she will be the subject matter expert in certain areas of their domain. For areas that do not fully qualify as subject matter expert, they refer to the Head of Delivery and/or their immediate direct report.
The job incumbent will work closely with the Head of Delivery or the immediate reporting line who will set training and development goals that best cover their needs for all staff and will have to ensure delivery same through on the job training and coaching.
He/she may communicate directly with clusters on accounting matters and sensitive issues, and is expected to provide excellent service and resolve issues that have no immediate impact on the Group clusters’ client relationship while providing the best possible solution.
The incumbent will take complete ownership and conduct detailed review of all tasks assigned to staff to ensure that these are accurate, well-presented, up to standards, on time and in full and will be actively involved as a support to the Head of Delivery or immediate direct report for management reporting.
- Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied;
- Ensure all work prepared for clusters is accurate and error free and always meets quality standards;
- Perform in-depth review on all cluster deliverables before releasing to clusters;
- Develop team strengths and provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals;
- Attend to team member queries, assist in resolving issues and ensure work are of quality and meet compliance guidelines/standards;
- Identify training needs, develop training plan and provide coaching;
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture;
- Assist team members to reply to complex accounting queries from clusters in a timely manner;
- Perform any ad-hoc functions relating to accounting and record keeping in case of service disruption;
- Ensure all review tasks assigned are up to date and delivered on time based on the planning in place;
- Proactively inform the reporting line for any work that cannot be executed as planned highlighting where changes may be needed in planning assumptions;
- Use professional judgment to assess when to escalate an issue promptly;
- Demonstrate ownership of his/her own development, highlighting when and where additional support and development is required;
- Ensure protection of information assets and abide by the ISMS in place at IQEQ Shared Services Ltd; and
- Perform any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate for the role and business needs.
- Degree holder or Qualified ACCA or ACA
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Experience in advanced Corporate accounting, including financial statement preparation
- Knowledge of advanced accounting entries and accounting standards (IFRS and relevant GAAPS) would be preferred
- Competent at the advanced level of MS Office Word and Excel
- Experience in Quickbooks, Jobstreams or Microgen Series would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and French
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results