The Global Head of Debt & Credit is responsible for driving the execution of the global debt & credit strategy for IQ-EQ Group’s clients and ensures this drives the company's key objective of profitable organic growth.
The role will be accountable for achieving an annually agreed organic growth target that leads to the overall revenue growth of the Debt & Credit clients of the Group by setting out and executing a growth strategy addressing new client acquisition and commercial collaboration between the IQ-EQ offices and other segment leads.
The role also includes rolling out a consistent Go-to-Market strategy globally for the Debt & Credit market and drive commercial collaboration results to an agreed target level. The role also focuses on ensuring consistent pricing in line with the agreed pricing model and working with clients and teams to improve client profitability where required.
Responsibilities (what does the day-to-day look like)
The role will proactively drive, direct, and develop the Debt & Credit comprising the Debt & Credit services. Measures towards this include, but will not be limited to:
- Drive the roll out and monitor the execution of a Global Debt & Credit Sales Strategy
- Setting up and maintaining a framework and platform to stimulate commercial collaboration for debt & credit clients and new opportunities between the IQ-EQ offices
- Support the continuous development of IQ-EQ’s Global value proposition for debt & credit clients
- Develop a consultative approach to differentiate our offering vs competition
- Conduct market research, client and competitor analysis to identify new business opportunities
- Expand service offering with new products and / or partnerships for debt & credit clients working closely with Global Head of DCM&C
- Assist with Tier 1 Debt & Credit pitches and increase conversion rate of debt & credit RFPs with working closely on multi-jurisdictional deals with Global Sales Enablement
- Collaborate closely with the Head of DCM&C on identifying loan administration opportunities among our debt & credit client base in addition to our fund administration and ancillary products
- Together with local CCOs ensure accurate and timely pipeline management and conversion of key debt & credit opportunities
- Manage & monitor pricing policy across the Group for debt & credit prospective clients
- Develop business partner relationships via proactive & coordinated planning with regional CCOs, and join key business partner meetings
- Build strategic relationships with key decision-makers within Tier 1 debt & credit clients of the Group, and join / lead SRR client reviews
- Ensure that Client Plans are developed and maintained for key debt & credit clients setting out our approach to maximising revenue growth opportunities with each client through up-sell and commercial collaboration
- By using available management information, monitor long-term profitability of key debt & credit client relationships and assist local teams if required in negotiations to increase profitability
- Establish any gaps in the provision of a best practice solution for Debt & Credit and address accordingly. Consider any technology enhancements and engage with Operations and Technology in establishing solutions which may enhance our offering and expedite delivery
- Monitor market and identify lift out opportunities of debt & credit managers working closely with Global Head of DCM&C
- Work closely with Global Head of L&D for effective internal knowledge sharing
- Actively promote a constructive “pro-compliance” culture at Local, Regional, and Group level
- Act as a point of escalation for relationship issues with key debt & credit clients working with the Global Head of DCM&C to resolve any issues.
- Manage Marketing and Segment budgets of debt & credit as agreed with Global Head of DCM&C
- Liaise with Group marketing and Global Head of DCM&C to set out business development plan objectives for debt & credit using brand profile, marketing collateral and event management and responsible for thought leadership initiatives for debt & credit including LinkedIn Campaigns in the sector
- Ensure target market/sector awareness and market intelligence to support new product development & promotion
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Law, Business Management, or a related field, and at least one U.S.-recognized, relevant professional qualification
- 15+ years’ experience in the Debt & Credit sector, a portion of which at senior leadership level. Proven experience in commercial client-facing roles, and experience with Big4 or asset manager is an advantage. Specialization in debt & credit is required. Extensive experience in alternative investment funds, debt & credit technologies, regulatory environment, structures and debt origination, loan administration, and securitization structures. Demonstrated accomplishments in Sales and Business Development.
- Company, product, and market knowledge
- Understanding of business process management and optimization, as well as the principle of continuous improvement
- Management and leadership
- Superior management skills and track record in senior leadership role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: $200K - $245K
IQEQ is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. IQEQ works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing, and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
< Back to search results