The Director - Client Management (DCM) has a deep understanding of the clients’ strategy, goals and future demands. The DCM is responsible for maintaining existing client portfolio and ensuring that the revenues of the client portfolio grow, both in volume and in profitability.
The Director – Client Management is responsible for the resource management in his/her portfolio and generating efficiencies year on year.
The Director - Client Management will service the following entities: IQ EQ Trustees (Mauritius) Ltd, IQ EQ Fund Services ( Mauritius ) Ltd, IQ EQ Corporate Services ( Mauritius) Ltd.
- Builds networks in client organisations in order to safeguard existing and at the same time spot new opportunities and convert such opportunities into real billable revenues.
- Ensures that clients’ requirements with regards to content, quality and time of delivery, legal and regulatory requirements, as well as internal compliance rules, are met in all dealings with clients.
- Represents and promotes IQ-EQ as “one global company” to clients.
- Highly entrepreneurial whilst diligent within the risk and compliance frameworks of the firm.
- Understands the clients’ needs, in such a way that IQ-EQ can optimally align its service offering.
- Prepares client offers and proposals in close cooperation with the on-boarding function.
- Maintains close partnerships with Business Developers and serves as the ‘go-to’ person for the business developers to ensure the successful conversion of prospects.
- Translates client requirements into IQ-EQ’s organisation in such a way that On Time and In Full delivery (OTIF - In Full is defined as: the work is completed before the due date and the bill is paid in full) is ensured.
- Ensures that all IQ-EQ’s internal processes, in which the DCM has a role, are correctly executed to ensure promises and commitments to clients can be met.
- Represents IQ-EQ externally and expand brand and capability awareness with existing relationships.
- Acts as first point of contact for the client for complex issues, complaints.
- Provides high quality and billable advice to clients (hourly billing only). This does not include regular client work.
- Leads, or participates in, multi department, multi jurisdiction and multi-functional account teams to win/expand large account business.
- Manages the financial and contractual relationship with the client. Primarily responsible for cash collection. Review/renegotiate agreements if and when needed.
- Works with and provide the On-boarding team all the required client information to ensure speedy Object Client Acceptance (OCA) and handover to delivery.
- Prepares the Executive Summary for the OCA and the Operating Memorandum for Fund client engagements.
- Builds a strong internal network (Client Compliance and delivery teams) which will enable the DCM to grow the portfolio and ensures clients get the attention required.
- Analyses client / account performance to improve the relationship and profitability. (Debtors ageing, account profitability, scope, revenue trends, competitive analysis, perceived quality and account mapping.)
- Responsible for WIP monitoring and ensures that WIP for companies under own portfolio is accurate. Verifies invoices to clients before they are submitted.
- Signals (potential) risk issues and musters the appropriate company resources to mitigate such risks or to escalate in the event such mitigation efforts are ineffective or in the event the risk is too high and requires executive involvement or warning.
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance review, training and development of employees in his/her portfolio.
- Work together with the Managers and Associate Managers to ensure a proper allocation of task to the team members
- Ensure protection of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU: ( IQ EQ Trustees ( Mauritius) Ltd, IQ EQ Fund Services ( Mauritius ) Ltd, IQ EQ Corporate Services ( Mauritius) Ltd) and IQ EQ Investment Advisors ( Mauritius ) Ltd.)
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain revenue from existing clients
- Revenue growth from existing clients
- Cash collection
- Client satisfaction
- % Personal chargeability
Key competencies for position and level
- Builds networks
- Drives results
- Business Insight
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Attention to detail
- Relationship Building
- Taking ownership
Education / professional qualifications
- Minimum a Degree in relevant field (financial services, business, economics, accounting).
- Minimum 10 years’ managerial operational experience in either fund or corporate. Proven revenue generation capability
- Capable to create a safe and trusting environment, instilling confidence by clearly communicating expectations and ensure that everyone is on the same page
- Empower team members to self-organize by providing clear direction and priorities
- Build strong foundation and connection within the team by communicating often and openly successes and challenges aiming at reinforcing the employees’ sense of belonging to IQ EQ
- Encourage new ideas, approaches and opinions
- Show commitment to develop employees
Presentation and negotiation skills
- Capable of giving presentations and address and negotiate on all project related subjects in own area of expertise at internal and at client meetings
Budgeting and debtor management skills
- Experience in debtor management and understanding of how the client fees are structured
- Microsoft office, experience in the use of internal tools and programs
- Passion and understanding of financial services in general. In-depth technical and/or operational experience in the fields of regulated and unregulated structures in relevant jurisdiction
- Fluent in English and local spoken language, additional language would be considered an asset
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results