The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing hands-on technical assistance and support for end users in the workplace. The focus is on support for end user computing, peripherals, and applications used in the workplace to support business operations. The Desktop Support Technician plays a crucial role in end-users have a reliable and efficient end user experience.
The Desktop Support Technician is also responsible for executing local service management procedures including incident management, asset management, and provisioning services to end users through the JML process.
In this customer centric role, you will ensure IT services are delivered to a high standard and meet the needs of the business across the location. You must have a strong understanding of IT service management principles and best practises, as well as excellent organisation, communication, and people skills.
You will be a confident communicator, open-minded, initiative-taking, approachable, and open to ideas, learning, and discussing innovative approaches. You will be able to have conversations about everyday events and support the business with their challenges to focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide first-level technical support to end-users for end user computing, applications, and network-related issues.
- Respond to and resolve help desk tickets in a timely manner.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain laptops and related hardware.
- Install and update applications on end-user computing devices.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware issues, including laptops, printers, and other workplace peripherals.
- Coordinate repairs or replacements for faulty hardware.
- Assist end-users with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of company applications.
- Provide guidance on application usage and best practices.
- Create and manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Reset passwords and assist with account-related issues.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of hardware and software configurations.
- Contribute to knowledge base articles for common issues and and solutions.
- Keep track of IT assets, including laptops, and peripherals.
- Assist in maintaining an organised IT inventory and following asset management procedures.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Participate in ongoing training to stay updated on product features and industry trends.
- Seek continuous improvement in technical skills and knowledge.
- Education / Professional qualifications
- An associate degree or relevant certification in Information Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Working towards an ITIL, CompTIA A+, or relevant vendor specific certification.
- Background Experience
- 2 years of experience in a desktop support or a Service Desk support role.
- Hands-on experience with laptop troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical Expertise
- Solid understanding of deskside systems (Windows, MacOS).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and common business applications.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) platforms including ServiceNow or ManageEngine.
- Company, product, or market knowledge
- Experience working in a complex, multi-country professional services, financial services, or BPO organisation with complex processing requirements (preferred but not essential).
- Multi-country experience and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, talented, and demanding team environment.
- Strong program management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff members, customers, suppliers, and the management team.
- Ability to make decisions, act, and get results.
- Passion, dynamism, and drive.
- Robust sense of humour.
- Personal presence, integrity, and credibility.
- Ability to solve problems either independently or by utilising other members of the team where necessary.
- Experience working in a complex and demanding environment.
- Strong program management and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations, with a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results