As a Senior Depositary Officer, you will assist the Assistant Manager/Manager during the client’s onboarding process, ensuring smooth onboarding of customers and supervising small teams of Junior and depositary officers, ensuring the activity and transactions of funds are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
You will collect and review relevant transactional documents and ensure the ownership chain. You will prepare the year-end asset positions and escalate to management any issues that require a more in depths analysis.
- Participate and assists the Assistant Manager/Manager in the review of the constitutional documents (PPM, depositary agreements etc.), including drafting the operating memos under the supervision of the Assistant Manager/Manager
- Perform cash and safekeeping reconciliations and oversee the work performed by staff
- Tracking of the activity and transactions of funds in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Collect and review relevant transactional documents and ensures ownership chain;
- Preparation and issuance of the year-end asset positions
- Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager in the preparation and issuance of the internal periodical reports on the fund’s portfolio
- Manage relationships with clients and internal and external service providers such as AIFMs, Administrators, Advisors, Auditors, Credit Institutions etc.
- Ensure high responsiveness and timely delivery with high-quality services to the client
- Identify priorities in coordination with the Assistant Manager/Manager, and ensure the appropriate planning of own tasks.
- Gives regular feedback to the supervisor and escalates without delay issues and risks identified.
- Complies with the internal policies and procedures
- A bachelor's in legal, accounting, or economic studies or a university degree in law or economics is an advantage.
- 3-4 years experience in the area of depositary/custody function gained in a depositary bank or similar experience gained in an audit or fund accounting role
- Exposure to global external auditing processes or investment fund
- Private Equity / Real Estate markets experience
- Experienced in the regulatory environment for depositaries
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Passport ready for the possibility of travel for training
Nice to have
- French or German language knowledge is an advantage
- Fund accounting experience (is an asset)
- Knowledge or exposure to Alternative Investment Fund Directive or AIF
- Current and former employees in top global auditing firms are an advantage
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations, with a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients worldwide.
< Back to search results