N.B. this role is based in Belfast.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join our global team. This role will play a major part in the delivery of our Group Data Strategy and Data Transformation Journey by delivering, enhancing, and maintaining our IQEQ Data Platform which will drive how our data is managed and used to deliver outcomes in a host of key areas to maximise business value and growth delivering improvements for internal and external stakeholders and clients.
This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives to navigate and leverage our significant data assets to build the optimal production models. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipelines based on the inhouse stack.
- Assemble complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build/Maintain data models on the financial data currently used
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
- Document source-to-target mappings
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- Write ETL (extract, transform, load) scripts and code to ensure the ETL process performs optimally
- Develop/Maintain DAG workflows for BAU processes, Data Pipelines and Transformations
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Communicates Effectively – Adjusting communication style to fit the audience & message. Providing timely information to help others across the organisation. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Action Orientated – Readily taking action on challenges without unnecessary planning and identifies new opportunities, taking ownership of them
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relating comfortably with people across all levels, functions, cultures & geographies. Builds rapport in an open, friendly & accepting way
- An analytical mind, excellent problem-solving & diagnostic skills, attention to detail
Education / professional qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another related field
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Background in Financial Industry preferred.
Background & Technical experience
- Proficiency in Linux fundamentals and Bash scripting skills.
- Strong programming expertise in Python and exposure to more languages, mainly: Go, JS
- Expertise on Python libraries - Pandas, Numpy
- Good knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Deep understand of database systems e.g., PgSQL/MySQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Experience with at least one cloud platforms e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Preferably Azure
- Exposure to one or more Datalakes/Datawarehouses - Snowflake / DataBricks / Redshift etc
- Know how in Stream processing - Kafka, Kineses etc
- Experienced in the implementation of Data warehousing solutions
- Experienced in the implementation of API solutions and tooling
Other company, product, and market knowledge
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-country professional services, financial services or BPO organisation with complex processing requirements
- Multi-country experience and demonstrates an ability to work in a multi-cultural, talented, and demanding team environment.
- Possess the skills and the personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex global business with an in-depth knowledge of program management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with staff members, customers, suppliers, and the management team with the ability to make decisions, act and get results
- Passion, dynamism, and drive
- Personal presence, integrity, and credibility
- Ability to solve problems either independently or by utilising other members of the team where necessary
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information, and to draw conclusions, i.e RCA
- Experience/Exposure to ISO 27001 Infosec compliances
- Fully proficient spoken and written English, additional European languages will be an asset
IQEQ is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. IQEQ works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing, and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
< Back to search results