We invite qualified individuals to apply for the position of Corporate Secretary. This is a challenging opportunity for a highly responsible, self-motivated and experienced secretary/administrator to provide a full range of secretarial support to Directors and other professionals within business. The candidate must have relevant experience and an in-depth understanding of how to manage and organize legal and commercial documents at a very high level. The right candidate must be a team player and have a strong ability to prioritise multiple requirements in a busy service orientated firm.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Administer the day-to-day corporate affairs of a diverse portfolio of client entities while ensuring that each entities records are up to date and in good order
- Liaise with clients and arrange/attend board meetings providing support with statutory and regulatory compliance, as well as governance and best practice;
- Ability to take, transcribe and prepare minutes and minute books
- Communicate with the Registrar of Companies and the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) with regards to annual and other filings;
- Ensure client entities comply with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing legislation and that required compliance documentation is obtained from clients
- Collate and prepare documentation of filing in connection with the Economic Substance Act
- Maintain corporate records according to statutory and regulatory requirements set out in the Companies Act 1981 and all other relevant laws and regulations;
- Coordinate notifications to the BMA regarding changes in directors, officers and key function holders
- Produce authorised signatory lists and arrange for certification or notarization of documents
- Develop knowledge and practical capabilities; proactively promote the development of the team
- Coordinate responses required by shareholders in connection with quarterly and annual filings
- Perform other duties or other activities as may be reasonably required by the role.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (business administration, legal) and/or qualified corporate secretary (ICSA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Corporate Administrator/Company Secretary, preferably with Fund Administration exposure
- Experience coordinating board and committee meetings and preparation of board notes for presentation at meetings
- Solid knowledge of the Bermuda Companies Act 1981, the Economic Substance Act and statutory regulations relating to the administration of companies in Bermuda
- Must be highly organized with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Corporate Secretary related software
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance principles and best practices
- Must have excellent inter personal skills to promote a team environment
- Must have excellent time management and decision making skills to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Previous experience with the Bermuda Monetary Authority’s Integra Portal and Registrar of Companies’ registry system would be an asset.
At IQ-EQ, we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
Licensed by the Bermuda Monetary Authority under the Fund Administrator Provider Business Act 2019 Licensed by the Bermuda Monetary Authority under the Corporate Service Provider Act 2019. For more information on the regulatory status of IQ-EQ companies, visit www.iqeq.com/legal-and-compliance
IQEQ is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. IQEQ works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
< Back to search results