The successful incumbent will be part of a group of individuals who will assist and support the wider Risk & Compliance framework within the Asia cluster, actively ensuring timely compliance with external and internal regulations to actively control and manage operational, regulatory, and reputational risks.
Part of your scope will include:
- Project Lead for a robust but proportionate structured Ongoing Client Screening Programme
- Project Lead for a KYC Remediation Programme for client serviced entities in Singapore and Hong Kong
Additionally, you will be required to collaborate and provide assistance and support for the
implementation of projects undertaken by the Risk & Compliance Team. This includes providing timely reports on projects to ensure necessary stakeholders are kept informed, actively participating in alignments with the Risk & Compliance initiatives and acting as POC for assigned projects.
You are expected to support on all aspects of regulatory and compliance requirements, stay informed of regulatory developments on the prevention of Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), assessing potential impact on the Company’s existing policies and procedures and implementing changes and enhancements to the Company’s internal control environment and risk framework to ensure compliance with regulatory and group standards.
In carrying out your role, you may be required to get involved in the following:
- Developing and executing a robust but proportionate structured Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Promoting and supporting an effective Compliance culture, through:
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting regulatory risk within the business. To facilitate this all
- regulation and guidance that is applicable to the entity must be recognised and documented.
- Changes in regulation must also be identified and analysed in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that applicable Compliance policies and procedures are kept up to date for changes in regulations and in regulatory expectations and that management and staff are kept apprised of such changes;
- Keeping in close contact with the business and senior management, in order to be able to identify and advise on any compliance issues in a proactive and timely manner, ideally at the “embryonic phase” of business development;
- Providing regulatory advice and guidance to the First Line (both client-specific and in respect of broader business initiatives) to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained;
- Assisting the operational areas to identify and embed key compliance related controls, including policies and procedures. Providing guidance on the proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies applicable;
- Reporting to the Board, GRC and other relevant stakeholders on a periodic basis and advising them of key regulatory risks emerging within the business in a formal context through the
- production of Management Information ("MI"), KRIs or other standard reports;
- Escalating, managing and reporting significant legislative breaches in an independent and
- appropriate manner; and
- Running training sessions on compliance-related matters to improve compliance awareness amongst First Line staff; and
- Participating, as agreed, in Group and Local governance and oversight forums – e.g.
- Acceptance, Continuation and Exit Committee (ACE), Country Risk & Compliance Committee (CRACC) etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, finance, or equivalent fields
- At least 3 years of solid experience in Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, Law, Audit or related function
- Prior experience working in professional services industry and handling international jurisdiction
- Has the flexibility and adaptability to support or directly work on other compliance-related initiatives, as may be required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Good to have
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel)
- Prior knowledge of Trust, Company and Fund Administration Sectors
- Prior experience in quality assurance of policies and procedures
- Prior experience with online risk assessment and screening tools
- In-depth knowledge of the Asian industry’s standards and regulations experience is a plus.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results