We are seeking an experienced Company Secretary to provide maternity cover within our IQ-EQ UK Corporate team. We provide corporate governance services to a diverse client base which includes listed companies, funds vehicles, and private companies.
The Company Secretary will be involved in providing expert services to funds, corporate service listed companies as well as advising other team members on, among other areas, the Companies Acts and corporate governance generally. The role will suit an individual who has gained solid experience working with Board Support, and expert support to clients.
- Provides efficient and effective service to our client’s boards
- Ensuring our client’s boards comply with all regulatory, legislative and governance best practice
- Attending to regulatory, statutory and governance reporting requirements – maintenance of corporate registers, director details and records for the entity
- Preparing and filing of all statutory submissions and annual returns of allocated clients
- Board, Committee and Shareholder meetings – preparation of agenda, attendance and documenting post meeting action points and maintain minutes.
- Preparation and circulation of notices, consents, borrower approval requests and resolutions
- Review of all legal documentation regarding transaction closings and restructures including frequent contact with the client to ensure all requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Liaising with external providers of professional services including lawyers, auditors and registrars, as required
- Review of documents being submitted to the Boards
- Providing guidance to the Boards/management on any new applicable law/regulations
- Managing regular share allotments, capital reductions, share transfers and share consolidations/subdivisions/re-designations
- Supporting with the provision of company or director KYC/due diligence documentation
- Oversight of the statutory accounts timetable for all allocated client companies
- Oversight of the confirmation statement timetable for allocated client companies
- University graduate with an excellent academic background, ICSA or Law Society qualification desirable.
- Experience of servicing board and committee meetings, sound and competent minute-taking skills and general boardroom exposure; confident and able to deal with colleagues and clients at all levels, including board directors and NEDs.
- Experience of complex and routine company secretarial transactions and filing and notification requirements, using company secretarial software (Diligent) and/or Companies House web-filing.
- Previous experience of the rules of the FCA, the London Stock Exchange and the corporate governance code are desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in a corporate services provider or in-house environment providing services to clients and managing client relationships
- Relevant working experience in financial services.
- Works collaboratively with peers and colleagues.
- Ability to work efficiently and within extreme tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity, equality and diversity in their approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Methodical and consistent approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain quality and focus while working through repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work independently and understand when to escalate.
- Ability to both delve into details but also summarise key findings in a succinct and professional manner tailored to Senior Management and Board-level audience.
- Proactively takes ownership of work with a drive for results.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results