Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
The successful incumbent will be an extension of the first line of defence within Asia Pacific (APAC), with a focus on providing quality KYC & CDD work on both clients and investors. The tasks will be completed in accordance with internal AML/CFT policies and procedures, as well as international and domestic AML/CFT regulations and guidelines, across a wide spectrum of service offerings, which include Funds & Institutional, Debt, Capital Markets & Corporate, and Private Wealth. The role will also include supporting the deliverables of FATCA and CRS matters for the relevant jurisdictions.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Perform AML/KYC periodic reviews and assists with remediation efforts on clients and investors in accordance with scheduled cycles ensure compliance with MAS, SFC, and CIMA AML/CFT regulations.
- To conduct name screening, review of due diligence documents, and risk assessments within established timelines.
- To review source of wealth & funds background of clients and investors in line with regulatory requirements.
- To ensure KYC documents are up to date and properly recorded.
- To provide independent recommendations to mitigate the identified risks across the existing client & investor book where necessary, and/or be responsible for escalating the findings to the necessary stakeholders.
- To assist the wider APAC teams with managing client data and trackers to see through completion of full cycles.
- To perform reporting on key statistics and status updates in an efficient manner.
- Be the point of contact for clients to collect due diligence documents in relation to the fund’s investors periodic review and provide timely response to client.
- To assist and support the team in administrative tasks where required.
FATCA / CRS
- Maintain records of FATCA / CRS Tracker and forms for each fund / investor(s).
- Review CRS Self Certification forms from various funds and multiple investor(s) that we provide FATCA service to identify their FATCA / CRS Classification.
- Assist and liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding FATCA documents as per required.
- Review statuses correspond to forms provided and review internal consistency of forms collected (e.g. incomplete or missing sections).
- Verify declared status on form is consistent with AML documents.
- Validate GIINs provided by investors against IRS published information and flag any that cannot be verified for query or follow-up.
- Enter and check reportable / non reportable status of each investor based on whether investor or their Controller is Specified Person for the reportable jurisdiction.
- Insert reportable investors’ data into input file for the production of client packages and xml files for submission to the tax authorities.
- Monitoring of local regulations, deadlines, and FATCA / CRS regimes.
- Work closely with different jurisdictions to ensure the filing of regulatory reports are met.
- Support the department as required within the confines of role.
- Undertake any additional reasonable duties as required the Firm.
Key competencies for position and level
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Results oriented and ability to multitask and manage high volumes of priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful with good verbal and written communication skills
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Taking Ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent fields
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in AML/KYC, FATCA/CRS, Risk & Compliance or related function
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel)
- Professional Certifications in Anti-Money Laundering (such as ICA or ACAMS) is not mandatory but would be an advantage
- Some knowledge on FATCA/CRS, Fund Administration, Investor KYC/AML or Corporate Services would be helpful
- Experiences in client facing roles or sitting in the first line of defence would be an advantage
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
< Back to search results