The Managing Director of Business Development is responsible for overall growth and development of sales and client relationships within the Northeast including New York / greater Tri-State marketplace, as well as the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. This requires the individual to be well-versed in a diverse range of financial services solution offerings such that the individual can recommend the appropriate solution to address a potential client’s need. This role will develop the sales strategy for the region, including upsell potential with existing clients, strategic new targets, lead identification, and proposal generation. In-depth knowledge of Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate, Family Offices, Hedge Funds, and Endowment & Foundation players is critical to be successful in this role.
Additionally, this role will contribute to the overall solution development, pricing, and design; will lead in the pitch process; negotiate and close contracts. This role is ultimately responsible and accountable for the growth of IQEQ’s top-line revenue in the region as a senior sales executive.
• Identify, qualify, and prospect targeted opportunities for the company to achieve growth in targeted markets and with targeted clients, in alignment with business strategy
• Design and articulate complex business solutions into saleable solutions to prospective new clients
• Substantially grow and maintain a pipeline of viable prospects and associated opportunities
• Manage and track client opportunities
• Meet or exceed individual annual sales objectives
• Build and maintain strategic industry relationships to influence pipeline growth
• Maintain industry presence by attending relevant events and seminars
• Manage the Firm’s image and messaging to the industry within the designated region
• Share knowledge, best practices, market intelligence and solution designs to ensure continuous business improvement
• Collaborate with all execution teams and executive teams to ensure that client needs are met, and new initiatives are being delivered
• Keep abreast of industry, economic/business trends and advancements that may affect potential new business opportunities and apply knowledge in a timely and effective manner
• Ensure all business development documents have useful content, are high quality, brand compliant, and delivered on a timely basis
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
• Coach, train, and mentor sales teams to reach goals and exceed targets.
Other Components of the Role:
• Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
• Manage multiple business initiatives
• Revenue generation and strategic partnership development and management
• Creative thinking and proven ability to deliver presentations, develop business plans and identification of new service lines
• Develop and execute marketing events to promote brand awareness in the specific regions
• Develop and/or collaborate on thought leadership content consistent with the Firm’s strategy and objectives
• Develop, review and report on the business development division strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team