To work within the Depositary team, assisting in carrying out asset verification, cash monitoring and compliance oversight for investment funds investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, and other asset classes.
Day-to-day direct responsibility for assisting the oversight and management of a portfolio of Depositary clients whilst providing supervision and support to Depositary Associates, including, but not limited to, asset verification (primarily ensuring that each Client Fund or Fund entity has supplied sufficient information to prove good legal title over the assets it owns), cash monitoring (primarily ensuring all cash transactions are consistent with the Funds operations, and cash balances are reconciled) and compliance oversight (primarily ensuring the Client is complying with all relevant aspects of the AIFMD), understanding the AIFMD legislation.
Ensuring, by direct undertaking and by review of Depositary Associates’ work:
- Assisting the Depositary team in ensuring each Client Fund or Fund entity have supplied sufficient documentary evidence to prove effective legal title over the assets they claim to own;
- You understand risk factors across each asset class and/or the location of assets;
- You understand the legal frameworks under which assets are held;
- Assisting the Depositary team in ensuring each Client Fund or Fund entity cash flows are in consistent with its operations and cash balances reconciled
- Assisting the Depositary team in ensuring ongoing Client compliance with the AIFMD
- Taking responsibility for the duties delegated to you and to ensure that any concerns or potential risks are mitigated and where appropriate escalated to the Depositary Manager;
- Taking the initiative and to suggest new procedures to efficiently and effectively assist the team going forward;