The successful incumbent will be an extension of the first line of defense within the US, with a focus on providing quality KYC & CDD work for both clients and investors. The tasks will be completed in accordance with internal AML/CFT policies and procedures, as well as international and domestic AML/CFT regulations and guidelines, across a wide spectrum of service offerings, which include Funds & Institutional, Debt, Capital Markets & Corporate, and Private Wealth.
- Perform AML/KYC onboarding & periodic reviews on clients and investors in accordance with scheduled cycles to ensure compliance with OFAC, FinCEN, and FINRA AML/CFT regulations.
- To conduct name screening, review of due diligence documents, and risk assessments within established timelines.
- To review the source of wealth & funds background of clients and investors in line with regulatory requirements.
- To ensure KYC documents are up to date and properly recorded.
- To provide independent recommendations to mitigate the identified risks across the existing client & investor book where necessary, and/or be responsible for escalating the findings to the necessary stakeholders.
- To assist the wider US Teams with managing client data and trackers to see through the completion of full cycles.
- To perform management reporting on key statistics and status updates in an efficient manner.
- Be the point of contact for clients to collect due diligence documents in relation to the fund’s investor's periodic review and provide timely responses to clients.
- Assist and support the team in administrative tasks where required.
- Support the department as required within the confines of the role.
- Undertake any additional reasonable duties as required by the Firm
FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) Standpoints:
- Maintain records of FATCA Tracker and forms for each fund/investor (s).
- Review CRS Self Certification forms from 400 plus funds and multiple investor(s) that we provide FATCA service to identify their FATCA / CRS Classification.
- Assist and liaise with Client Services Team regarding FATCA documents as per required.
- Monitoring FATCA mailbox.
- Review statuses corresponding to forms provided and review internal consistency of forms collected (e.g. incomplete or missing sections).
- Verify declared status on the form is consistent with AML documents.
- Validate GIINs provided by investors against IRS-published information and flag any that cannot be verified for query or follow-up.
- Enter and check the reportable/nonreportable status of each investor based on whether the investor or their Controller is a Specified Person for the reportable jurisdiction.
- Provide guidance regarding FATCA and CRS regulatory deadlines.
- Monitoring of local regulations, deadlines, and FATCA / CRS regimes.
- Work closely with different jurisdictions to ensure the filing of regulatory reports is met.