The candidate’s principal responsibilities will include recording and reconciling cash transactions, day-to-day support on client’s operational tasks, preparing quarterly workpapers and other reporting deliverables. Our client’s range between private equity, real estate and hedge funds; it is critical that the candidate learn and develop subject matter expertise. Our business model relies on use of technology and processes. A candidate who is detail and process oriented will succeed in the many opportunities available across various departments within the firm.
- Record accruals, perform bank reconciliations and book journal entries
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliations across fund and related entities
- Prepare quarterly and annual stand alone and consolidated financial statements on a US GAAP basis
- Provide data for debt compliance calculations and complete schedules supporting treasury functions such as cash logs
- Support preparation of capital events and record accounting entries for capital activity.
- Support Senior Accountant in reviewing acquisition and disposition of asset legal documents and record accounting entries for related transaction
- Prepare supplemental reporting for investors, lenders client and other stakeholders on a periodic and ad-hoc basis
- Coordinate with external audit teams to provide detailed support
- Train and develop working knowledge of technology used by JGM
- Develop an understanding of JGM’s business and client needs
- Build effective working relationships at a peer level and within the assigned team/department
- Ask questions, clarify concepts and bring to light any issues with data and process that would help other team members/users
- Participate in firm‐wide initiatives – recruitment, marketing, etc.
- Train and support new staff accountants as they on-board
- Pursue self-development opportunities that are aligned with the firm’s competency model