The Associate Business Analyst will be a critical role under the Business Analysis and Continuous Improvement team in terms of gathering data and information needed for analysis to provide valuable management insights and identify improvement opportunities in the different processes within the Shared Services. This role will be involved in business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation and collaboration, requirements life cycle management, strategy analysis, requirements analysis, and design definition, and solution evaluation.
Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
- Obtain an understanding of the processes relevant to the Shared Services and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform data gathering and analysis to provide valuable management insights when required.
- Assist in the implementation of process improvement initiatives in terms of business analysis perspective.
- Act as a subject matter expert in terms of process improvement methodologies and concepts and share knowledge with the rest of the Shared Services through the conduct of training and workshops.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
Data Gathering & Business Analysis
- Support related activities to gather data and analyse the current processes and metrics to review and propose improvements that will drive efficiencies without impacting or reducing controls in the business.
- Conduct the necessary research to understand best practices and emerging trends to enrich solution ideation activities
- Communicate between/with business managers and users to understand and document business requirements across affected business areas;
- Develop process improvement procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Participate in gap analysis exercises for new implementations
- Work with the operations team to prioritize and implement process change requirements based on the operational needs of the business
- Develop and curate the necessary process and knowledge assets in aid of analysis or as part of solution activities
- Participate in the ideation of process, product, or technical changes to improve user experience, client service levels, and or efficiencies, including improvement, or automation
Engagement Management Support & Project Coordination
- Prepare communication plans, and draft communication materials for distribution to multiple stakeholders across the group.
- Coordinate trainings and workshops (including set up training material)
- Manage reporting to ensure business and management are aware of progress and pipeline.
- Document and coordinate related activities, facilitate discussions and ensure that planned actions are being carried on to ensure that efficient initiatives are to be delivered based on agreed plans