The successful incumbent will be part of the first line of defence within Asia Pacific (APAC), with a focus on providing quality client onboarding for both clients and investors. The work will be completed in accordance with internal AML/CFT policies and procedures, as well as international and domestic AML/CFT regulations and guidelines, across a wide spectrum of service offerings, which will primarily include Funds & Institutional but also Debt, Capital Markets & Corporate, and Private Wealth.
- Be the main point of contact for clients and internal teams in relation to client and fund investor AML/KYC onboarding, including guidance to the front office on documentation requirements.
- Perform client and fund investor AML/KYC onboarding in accordance with MAS, SFC, and CIMA AML/CFT rules, along with internal policies and procedures.
- Manage end to end implementation process including coordination with the client, and all other relevant stakeholders within the IQ-EQ internal teams.
- Review and conduct source of wealth & funds corroboration of clients and investors in line with regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with AML/KYC requirements for individuals and different types of entities e.g. Companies, Partnership, Financial Institutions, Trusts etc.
- Well-versed in Simplified Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence for high risk cases including PEPs, Adverse Media, Sanctions, and other independent recommendations to mitigate identified risks.
- Conduct name screenings and perform adverse media checks on clients and investors and work closely with clients and the business on matters of escalation in a timely manner.
- Ensure client database is up to date and accurate in relevant software and systems used for the onboarding and ongoing monitoring stages of the lifecycle.
- Assist with client and internal ad-hoc requirements from time to time which include but are not limited to internal audit, AML questionnaires and/or regulatory inspections
- Provide timely responses to clients and ensuring smooth running of day to day relationship with clients.
- Conduct training for and alongside internal team members as and when required.
- Contribute ideas and participate in transformation and change initiatives to drive continuous improvement to further enhance key deliverables.
- Support the department as required within the confines of role.
- Undertake any additional reasonable duties as required the Firm.