The Fund Accounting Group at IQ-EQ provides value-added services to new and existing clients of varying sizes and with varying needs. The BDC Fund Accountant works as part of a diverse team that supports our clients financial and investor reporting need associated with Business Development Companies (“BDCs”). This position is responsible for supporting the timely and accurate reporting of filings with the SEC and support the BDC’s Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) and Principal Accounting Officer (“PAO”) in the day-to-day operations of the BDCs. This position will require an analytical person who can process and review information for the inclusion in publicly filed documents with the SEC, board of director meetings and investor presentation. Position will also require a person with strong ability to multitask and juggle different work activities and shift attention from one task to another.
A BDC is a closed-end investment company that has filed an election to be treated as a BDC pursuant to the Investment Company Act of 1940. All BDCs, both public and private must file annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and current reports on Form 8-K as well as proxy statements. This position will liaison with our client’s third-party fund administrator for general ledger accounting and reporting, responsible for all SEC filings, board of director meetings support, investor relations support, day-to-day operational support and other ad hoc information to support the BDC’s CFO and PAO.
Responsibilities: The BDC Fund Accountant is an important addition to the BDC Fund Accounting team as it seeks to support a growing firm, build a world class, customer focused, finance team and drive operational excellence. The BDC Fund Accountant will have primary responsibility for reviewing and preparing all SEC related reporting for the public and private BDCs. The BDC Fund Accountant will also assist in internal reporting, financial reporting automation, process improvement and other initiatives and projects. The principal responsibilities for supporting the BDCs include:
- Working directly with the client’s third-party administrator to coordinate workflow and reviewing all accounting deliverables to ensure accuracy and conformity with applicable accounting standards.
- Responsible for month- and quarter-end close review of BDC financial reports and statements.
- Responsible for SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and proxy filings by preparing / reviewing supporting schedules and related analysis.
- Ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting guidance.
- Monitoring compliance with the SEC and IRS regulatory tests applicable to BDCs.
- Support the preparation of deliverables related to the earnings release, board of director presentations and working cooperatively with BDC CFO and PAO.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for corporate SOX requests and walkthroughs.
- Working closely with the client’s investment team with ad hoc requests including updating BDC financial model, liquidity management, portfolio manager reporting and various other ad hoc requests.
- Providing oversight of the valuation process of the investment portfolio.
- Liaising with the client’s investment and operation teams to review and enhance internal and investor reporting.
- Responding to ad hoc request from external investors including return calculations and performance summaries.
- Working with client’s investor relations team to prepare quarterly investor deck/earnings release.
- Work with external auditors during quarterly reviews, annual audits and interim test work. Assist in managing external auditors' requests and schedules in order to complete quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with reporting deadlines, Board of Director meetings, Audit Committee meetings, etc.
- Preparing materials for BDC Board of Directors.
- Ad hoc support and analysis for BDC CFO and PAO.
- Proactively search out ways to improve and streamline processes, including assisting with technology initiatives.
- Performing research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements.
- Lead special projects, as assigned.