We are recruiting a talented and highly motivated candidate to join our Fixed Income team as an Associate or Senior Associate, depending on experience. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team that manages Fixed Income portfolios for clients.
They will be responsible for carrying out macro and credit research to help generate investment ideas, in addition to various operational activities that ensure the successful management of portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for financial markets and particularly Fixed Income. They will have excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail and effective communication skills
Day to day:
- Work within the Fixed Income team’s structured investment process to help generate investment ideas for portfolios.
- Carry out top-down macro research which will help to determine geographic and sectoral views, in addition to portfolio interest rate strategy (duration and curve positioning).
- Perform bottom up credit research to identify opportunities across Fixed Income sectors including investment grade credit, government agency, municipal, supranational and asset backed bonds.
- Screen the relevant investment universe subject to portfolio investment restrictions, credit quality and valuations.
- Perform fundamental credit and ESG analysis on the most attractive candidate securities based on the results of the screen.
- Ensure effective management of client portfolios in line with their respective investment objectives, guidelines and internal control measures.
- Perform related activities such as trade generation, month end rebalancing, attribution and client report writing.
- Build and maintain quantitative Excel based tools which aid the investment decision making process and management of portfolios.