As a Business Support Specialist working within the Group Operations Department, you will support the implementation and management of a group-wide planning and resource management solution dealing with many stakeholders
You will be involved in requirement collation, designing an end-to-end solution to streamline key interactions between teams, staff, and potentially external clients
You’ll be in charge of preparing and maintaining various documents (Functional requirements documentation, test scripts, user documentation) as required by the product to agreed standards, of consistent quality, and to agreed timelines
You will support the Operational teams in different jurisdictions in the daily use of the solution, interacting with end-users, IT, and the project team, ensuring global standards are maintained
You will work with colleagues and other stakeholders to investigate operational issues, problems, and new opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in aspects of business areas or systems.
You'll also assist in the analysis of underlying issues and their root causes, identifying available options for consideration such as new development.
You will assist in the updates of data as needed in the system.
Appropriate use of diagrams, graphs, and other mechanisms to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholder groups, across and outside of the organization.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Support the Operations Department in the implementation and support of the task management tool by working with international colleagues and other stakeholders to continuously improve the product and business processes
- Investigate operational issues, problems, and new opportunities; seeking effective business solutions through improvements in aspects of business areas or systems of interest. Assisting in the analysis of underlying issues and their root causes, and helping identify solutions
- Act as a business analyst identifying and planning solutions to business problems, ensuring good use of relevant documentation, for example;
- Functional Requirements Documentation
- Specification Documentation
- Development and execution of test plan scripts
- Support the testing and UAT with country users
- Facilitating stakeholder meetings and workshops, and presenting findings and actions both verbally and in writing to the business;
- Assist in defining user acceptance tests for new or improved business processes and the system;
- Assisting in defining holistic solutions that address organizational, people, processes, information, and technology aspects; justifying the solutions when supporting the development of a business case for a business change initiative.
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Support training and maintenance of related materials for the wider business, engaging with teams to ensure ongoing enhancements as needed
- Ensuring that end-users requests are addressed within Business SLAs