Compliance and regulations has never been more complex; we are looking for a seasoned Compliance professional who knows their subject matter and wants to make their mark, creating a robust framework that will continue to safeguard us from potential risks.
You will be highly organized, pay close attention to detail and be thorough in all you do, using your own judgment to highlight any significant finds and put forward any recommendations to help us find an appropriate solution.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal are necessary for this role; to build relationships across the business and working with others to achieve shared objectives.
You will be confident and able to handle conflicting situations effectively, maneuvering comfortably through complex policies and processes to ensure our people have a clear insight of what is required and why.
- Serve as the principal point of contact between IQ-EQ Cayman and the local Reporting Authority;
- Responsible for developing, determining and implementing risk and compliance framework, guidelines, internal strategy and policies;
- Advise local management on new business acceptance, risk, and compliance policies;
- Ensure risk and compliance awareness within IQ-EQ Cayman
- Lead the development of compliance and risk-related training of our people;
- Liaise with clients and IQ-EQ affiliate offices ensuring that client files are properly maintained and data/client management systems (i.e. ANTrance, Control Spreadsheets) are accurately populated;
- Attend client acceptance and monthly risk and compliance meetings;
- Prepare, implement and monitor the annual Compliance Monitoring Planner;
- Determine, prepare and implement compliance and risk procedures, manuals, forms, monitoring and quality plans;
- Advise local business departments and management teams on risk and compliance issues, new legislation and guidelines in order to anticipate and respond to national and international developments;
- Stay abreast of current legislation and developing regulatory landscape to advise of all issues relating to operational and compliance matters relevant to entities;
- Consult with legal department as necessary for procedural and legal assistance;
- Coach and supervise junior members of the team
- Ensure that company locations have appropriate business-specific policies and procedures, consistent with best practices;
- Develop and provide employee AML/CFT training from time to time;
- Lead the local representation for internal and external auditors and any remediation matters;