You will work with the tax team to provide tax compliance services to a mixed portfolio of corporate and individual clients and responsible to prepare corporate and individual tax computation and returns and liaising with the clients.
You will liaise with Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (“IRAS”) and the client on tax matters, attending to queries issued by the IRAS, handle withholding tax returns, applications for Certificate of Residence and other matters in relation to tax.
- Managing the Singapore tax compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationship with clients and consistent delivery of client reporting / information accurately and on time
- Ensuring that support is provided to your manager to complete the tax compliance for the clients and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
- Know specifics of designated clients including understanding their structure and any agreements they have in place that will affect their tax compliance matters.
- Minimise risk to IQEQ by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed
Tasks / Duties :
- Prepare detailed working papers and submit accurate tax computations and returns on behalf of clients
- Assist in drafting reply to clients including answering queries from IRAS
- Closely monitor clients’ tax deadlines including tax payment / refund status
- Raise any queries / issues to immediate manager in a timely manner
- Complete the compliance work on designated client portfolio and assist on the compliance work for other colleagues within the team as required
- Ensure client database and all other reports are up to date and accurate