We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Level 3 Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and help build and evolve our Core Infrastructure landscape to support the business with our strategic network, Data Centre and End User Computing enhancement projects. Our Infrastructure Roadmap is moving us to a modern cloud-based model where we will be implementing the latest Microsoft technologies including Azure, Single Sign On, Office 365, SD-WAN and virtualised core applications for client delivery.
The Group Infrastructure function purpose is to provide engineering and system integration support to support the business and operations teams deal with complex problems, proactively ensure operational health, and continuously improve the infrastructure landscape aligned to the company strategy.
The Group Infrastructure Engineer is central to the development, support, and administration of the Group Infrastructure, providing Level 3 support to internal customers, in a fast-paced environment. In addition to support, the Group Infrastructure Engineer will support the Head of Infrastructure with transformation projects as well as other BAU activities.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of core Data Centre & Branch Office infrastructure technologies is essential including Hosting, Connectivity, Storage, Security fundamentals, End User Computing technologies and implementing autopilot is highly desired.
In addition to your technical skillset, you will be experienced in executing standard changes in a controlled manner, following company procedures, and ensuring we maintain high standards across the team.
IQ-EQ support a Hybrid Working policy where you are able to work remotely from home, however, we do ask our team to be present in our London based offices at least 2 days a week to collaborate with colleagues, remain visible/provide in person support and feel very much part of the team.
What to expect in your day to day role:
- Administration, maintenance, development, and support of Group Core Infrastructure services across our Data Centres and Branch Offices
- Handling 3rd line support incidents, service requests, problems and changes escalated by the Global Service Desk and Workplace Support Services team
- Communicating and collaborating with relevant partners to resolve incidents and problems in a proactive and efficient manner
- Documenting, testing, and implementing infrastructure changes that are approved as per the Change procedure
- Create and maintain documentation of Core Infrastructure system configurations, and create runbooks for the Global Service Desk and Workplace Support teams
- Ensure that solid disaster recovery and business continuity plans, backup and restore strategies for each service is in place and ensure that they are sufficiently tested
- Delivery of tasks that are directly associated to Workstreams and Projects that require Group Infrastructure involvement
- Keeping up to date with relevant technologies