The role will report into the Head of Legal, UK & Ireland and will require an individual to negotiate and draft commercial contracts across a variety of legal disciplines including Financial Services, Technology, Commercial, Data Protection, Corporate and Employment law.
This role requires experience in a UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulated environment with previous legal experience working with technology contracts also essential.
This role requires experience dealing with legal issues connected to onshoring and offshoring (including GDPR), with cross-jurisdictional intra-group provision of services between different IQ-EQ offices and involving the shared service centres.
You’ll work as a key member of the small legal team; you will apply your commercial skills in this varied and challenging position to take responsibility for managing risk across the business.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
Day to day:
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Work closely with our FCA regulated entities and the wider UK business
- Work closely with IT to support them as their growth continues at pace
- Monitor and implement data protection, privacy and compliance policies
- Identify, monitor, research and resolve issues relating to commercial contracts liaising with external and internal stakeholders to ensure that risk to the business is minimised
- Help the portfolio businesses protect their brands and their Intellectual Property