You will be working directly with leading hedge fund and private equity firms in the alternative asset industry under the guidance and direction from the Tax Director. You will be providing the following for clients in the alternative asset industry:
· Prepare and file federal, state, and local partnership tax returns, extensions, and quarterly estimates.
· Prepare and review of foreign filings (5471, 8865, 8858, 8621, & 926).
· Preparation of 8832s as needed to elect tax classification for various entities.
· Prepare and manage 1099 and 1042 reporting.
· Prepare and manage FBAR filings.
· Prepare and manage FATCA compliance (8966).
· Prepare and manage tax certification forms (W-8s and W-9) for domestic and foreign entities.
· Prepare tax basis calculations for partnership interests and PFICs.
· Develop relationship with client management and communicate engagement status and issues effectively and timely.
· Considerable knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning and compliance.
· Perform tax research as needed to support tax positions to be taken on the tax returns.
· Perform quarterly REIT testing.
· Correspond with federal, state and local taxing jurisdiction to resolve notices