Opportunity: This Operational Due Diligence Specialist role will be responsible for organizing and assisting in operational due diligence engagements on external fund managers for investments in Hedge or Private funds, Credit Investments, and Real Assets which includes Real Estate and Operational Infrastructure of Investment Managers. The Operational Due Diligence program adopts a risk-based approach to identify, evaluate, monitor, and report on the operational infrastructure of the fund’s management.
This dynamic role will provide opportunities to plan onsite engagements, engage in operational risk discussions with C-suite personnel and provide exposure and insight into a variety of asset classes, fund strategies, and operating models.
- Project Management and Due diligence activities include a risk-based approach in analyzing and assessing processes, systems, documentation, personnel and overall controls pertaining to the following areas: Fund terms and Governance, Legal and Regulatory, Compliance, Trade Operations, Cash Controls, Counterparty Risk Management, Valuation, IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity.
- Participate in operational due diligence assessments of new and existing external fund managers, including on-site meetings with fund manager personnel.
- Perform offensive and defensive due diligence initiative for Hedge Funds, Private Equity and other alternative and traditional investment managers.
- Document due diligence meeting notes, draft comprehensive meeting reports/summaries and discuss findings with the team prior to finalization.
- Work on projects to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of investment firms and assist in the documentation of various policies and procedures.
- Support team to identify, verify, analyze and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to strong working relationships within functional teams across the organization.