As Senior Depositary Analyst, working within the Depositary team in Belfast you will be responsible for carrying out asset verification, cash monitoring and compliance oversight for investment funds investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, forestry and other asset classes.
As a Senior Analyst you will have direct responsibility for administering and managing a portfolio of Depositary clients whilst providing oversight and support to junior team members, including, but not limited to, asset verification (primarily ensuring that each Client Fund or Fund entity has supplied sufficient information to prove good legal title over the assets it owns), cash monitoring (primarily ensuring all cash transactions are consistent with the Funds operations, and cash balances are reconciled) and compliance oversight (primarily ensuring the Client is complying with all relevant aspects of the AIFMD), understanding the AIFMD legislation and managing and building relationships with clients and other key business areas).
The day to day:
- Ensuring, by direct undertaking and by review of junior team members work:
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity have supplied sufficient documentary evidence to prove effective legal title over the assets they claim to own;
- You understand risk factors across each asset class and/or the location of assets;
- You understand the legal frameworks under which assets are held;
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity cash flows are in consistent with its operations and cash balances reconciled
- Ongoing Client compliance with the AIFMD
- You take responsibility for the duties delegated to you and to ensure that any concerns or potential risks are mitigated and where appropriate escalated to the Depositary Manager;
- To take the initiative and to suggest new procedures to efficiently and effectively assist the team going forward.